Base National Capital Region
2703 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE
Personnel Services Division - Transportation Office
Washington DC 20723-7118
Welcome to the Transportation Office of USCG Base NCR! This site is designed to provide assistance with the movement of Household Goods (HHG) for USCG Military and Civilian employees assigned to work locations in the Washington Metro Area. Our mission is to deliver services to members and their families with the information needed for moving their household goods during relocations, assist our personnel and their families to alleviate some of the stress associated with a HHG move event, and provide the best value to the government in an accurate and timely manner. If we hit or miss the mark - let us know! For process improvements or suggestions call Transportation at (202) 372-4033.
The Base NCR Transportation Office is located in the Coast Guard Headquarters Building on the DHS ST Elizabeths campus, on Lower Level 1, near the Boca Grande Light Elevator in Room 1D17-00.
Members/employees must have the original signed transfer orders (PCS/Separation/Retirement/etc.) before the household goods process can begin. Please plan accordingly and monitor your PCS departing worksheet and status of your orders through your chain of command, Admin/PPPO and Pay Office. During summer transfer season, it may take six to eight weeks from the day your application is process before your HHG is picked up.
Shipping or Storage Household Goods:
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
- Local Moves
The following steps are required to ship or store your Household Goods (HHG):
- Register for a DPS account at www.move.mil
- Make sure that you View and Sign DD Forms 1299/1797
- Once completed and you are requesting a carrier, attach a copy of your official orders and send it to the Personal Property Processing Office.
Note: If applicable, attach a copy of motorcycle registration and or boat, title or lien holder for release.
- You may upload signed documents into the DPS account, fax, or scan and e-mail, your completed DD Form 1299 (sign in block 15 a & b) and DD Form 1797 (sign on the 2nd page at the bottom) to our Office, Personnel Support Department, Base National Capital Region within 45 to 60 days prior to your pack out date. If you are processing a Personally Procured Move (PPM) please also send your official orders prior to moving to receive an appointment for counseling and completion of a PPM application PRIOR to any move.
- HHG fax number is (202) 372-8309.
HHG e-mail address: BaseNCR-Admin@uscg.mil
HHG Mailing address:
USCG Base National Capital Region
Personnel Support Department - Transportation Office
2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave SE
Washington, DC 20593-7118
- Member must sign all documents including the orders. Additional information is available in:
- Appointments: Please visit our CGPortal site to view available appointment dates/times and schedule a counseling session with the Transportation Officer to complete your process. If you do not have access to the CGPortal please contact us at 202-372-4033 to schedule an appointment.
Results and Follow-up:
You should receive a phone call from your scheduled moving company well in advance (7-10 days) prior to your scheduled pack dates. If you are not contacted, send an e-mail to BaseNCR-Admin@uscg.mil for guidance.