Coast Guard Transition Assistance Program
The Office of Work-Life Program's Transition Assistance Program is available to Active Duty, Reservists, Retirees and their spouses of Team Coast Guard.
Department of Defense Transition Assistance Program (CAC card needed)
The DoD Transition Assistance Program (DoDTAP) for Service Members and Veterans web site is designed to provide separating Service members and Veterans access to Transition Assistance documents which will assist them during their transition process from the military.
Uniformed Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
Visit the Department of Labor for more information on USERRA.
Experience, Training, Certifications, and Licensing
  • Verification of Military Experience and Training (VMET). Coast Guard personnel do NOT have VMET documents (DD Form 2586)
  • Information and related assistance programs on civilian occupations corresponding to military occupations
  • CareerOneStop Credential Information sponsored by the Department of Labor
  • U.S. Army Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (Army COOL)
  • U.S. Navy Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (Navy COOL)
  • United Services Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP)
  • Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
Employment Opportunities and Assistance