Coast Guard Enlisted Association - Team Kodiak
WHAT IS THE CGEA?
The Coast Guard Enlisted Association (CGEA) is an Association conceived of and administered by the USCG Chief Petty Officers Association (CPOA) formally approved by the CPOA Board of Directors on 16 August 1991. It is a part of the CPOA, and as such, is qualified as a "Not For Profit" organization as specified in Section 501(c)(19) of the IRS Code. It is not a part of the US Coast Guard or any government agency.
As an organization, formed under the CPOA, our purpose is to assist our fellow shipmates, command and community. The following identifies some of our many missions: -Be prepared to support members and dependents in need, -Assist the CPOA in their endeavors, -Promote professional advancement through responsible leadership, -Encourage involvement in personal growth, -Support your command policies and functions, -Promote and sponsor social programs, -Be active in community affairs and aid those in need, -Remain positive, focused and have fun along the way.
“With the traditions of the past,
together we face the challenges of the future”
What's in it for me?
- Exclusive financial services through partnership with USAA.
- The Captain Caliendo College Assistance Fund (CCCAF) to help CPOA/CGEA family members with college costs.
- A magazine, to keep you informed on what other members are doing, provides a forum for presenting ideas, and let’s others know of the great things you are accomplishing.
- A monthly e-newsletter keeping members abreast of timely, relevant CPOA/CGEA issues and activities, and to promote Chapter and Branch fundraising events.
- Thirty-seven Branches established in the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. Sharing with other members our professional abilities, loyalty, and devotion to God, country and service, and promote unity and morale through responsible leadership.
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Project Healing Waters
- Sponsor for Kaco King Derby
- Flags Across America
- Habitat for Humanity
- CG Run to Remember
- Fundraisers for Families in Need
|Coast Guard Enlisted Association
USCG Base Kodiak, BLDG N-38
PO Box 195000
Kodiak, AK 99615
Find us on Facebook (link coming soon)