Mission: The Personal Financial Management Program (PFMP) seeks to provide access to resources, training, and counseling necessary to develop strategies to empower USCG members and their families to meet personal financial goals, achieve financial security, and to remain mission ready.
Financial concerns can be a major stressor for Coast Guard service members and their families as well as have a direct impact on military mission readiness. The PFMP is ready to assist with these financial challenges, as well as provide financial education and counseling on a wide range of topics designed to increase the financial knowledge and well-being of all members. Financial management is a skill that can be learned and improved, and the benefits can have a positive impact for one’s whole life, even after their years of service with the Coast Guard.
Personal Financial Management is part of the Coast Guard Work-Life department, and all services are available to Coast Guard members, civilians, and all their dependents. How can we help you?
Financial Management Resources
Personal Financial Manager (PFM)
Located at Base Kodiak and serving Coast Guard District 17, the Personal Financial Manager is an Accredited Financial Counselor® and the designated subject matter experts in all areas of personal finance. Contact the PFM for confidential financial counseling on a wide range of topics, for example:
- Goal setting and spending plans
- Security clearance issues
- Debt reduction and credit management strategies
- Home and Car Buying strategies
- Thrift Savings Plan questions
- Retirement and Estate Planning strategies
- Onsite financial trainings are also available with the PFM or CG SUPRT
- Command Financial Specialist training
Command Financial Specialist (CFS)
A unit’s point of contact on policies and matters related to the PFMP, the CFS has completed 40 hours of training and been designated by the command. Contact a CFS for:
- Spending (budget) plans
- Debt repayment plans
- Free FICO credit score & credit report
- Financial resources and referrals
- Unit trainings on financial topics
CG SUPRT Personal Financial Wellness
Available 24/7 by phone or 855-CG-SUPRT (247-8778) or online www.CGSUPRT.com
CG SUPRT is available by phone and online to assist members in remote locations or with unique scheduling needs. Contact CG SUPRT for:
- Money coach scheduling for goal setting, budgeting, debt management, investment, retirement, and estate planning
- Free online tax filing with H&R Block
- Monthly financial webinars on a range of topics relevant to Coast Guard members and civilians
Rebecca J. Ligtenberg, AFC®
Personal Financial Manager
Education Center, Building 7, Barracks 4, Base Kodiak
PO Box 195095, Bldg. 26 C. Ave, Kodiak, AK 99619
Click here to view the Personal Financial Management Program (PFMP) brochure.
Click here to view Command Financial Specialist training information.
Click here to view the CG SUPRT Personal Financial Wellness brochure.
Office of Work-Life, PFMP webpage (more information and links to additional financial resources)
Base Kodiak Health Safety and Work-Life webpage
CGMA | The official relief society of the US Coast Guard (cgmahq.org)