1. Complete CG-2045 60 days before departure date (on leave or last day of active duty).
2. Route the CG2045 through your command and send to P&A office.
3. Schedule an in-person appointment with your YN.
4. Review awards, length of service, qualifications, etc via Direct Access or CGBI.
5. Sign up for a Transition Assistance Program Seminar (TAPS).
6. Make a copy of your health records as soon as possible.
7. Know how to set up/sign in to Direct Access as a retiree.
8. Thoroughly read the Coast Guard Retirement Package Information.
9. Review the Retirement Pay Calculator and the Retirement Pay Differences Chart.