U. S. Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center

click for guides
click for guides

self-service user guides

2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Direct Access & WebNow Systems Maintenance Scheduled

  1. This announces necessary preparations in advance of a scheduled period of limited availability to Direct Access. This is required to support mandatory system security updates for the Coast Guard's Human Capital Management system.
  2. At 1900 EST, Thursday, 25 February 2021, availability to Direct Access will be limited to only those users who will be performing tasks associated with security update. Direct Access will be reactivated at 0600 EST, Saturday, 27 February 2021. This limited availability is necessary to avoid the submission of self-service and Servicing Personnel Office (SPO) transactions that potentially conflict with legislative and regulatory changes.
  3. This will impact all Active Duty, Reservists, Retirees, Annuitants, and civilian supervisors of military members. During this time frame, access to self-service for all users will be unavailable. This means no login access, including no ability to submit absence requests, no processing of pay or separation transactions and no processing of orders to include Reserve IDT, ADT, etc.
  4. Following the update, the logon access to Direct Access will remain the same; however the Universal Resource Locator (URL) will change upon reactivation on 27 February 2021. Anyone who accesses the previous URL will be directed to the new URL via the home page. It is recommended that any web browser favorites are updated with the new URL to ensure quick and easy access moving forward. The updated links will also be available at the Pay and Personnel Center's website, located at: https://www.dcms.uscg.mil/ppc/pd/da/.
  5. In addition to the Direct Access URL's being updated, the WebNow URL will also be updated as a part of this security update. It is recommended that any web browser favorites are updated with the new URL to ensure quick and easy access moving forward. The WebNow URL will also be available at the Pay and Personnel Center's website, located at: https://www.dcms.uscg.mil/ppc/pd/da/.
  6. Due to the short duration and work associated with this limited access period, there will not be a capability to provide access to members outside those testing and implementing the CAP.   
Click the arrows to expand the menu
Click the arrows to expand the menu

Subscribe to our E-Mail News Updates

Subscribers to this list will receive notices and information on Coast Guard military pay and personnel policy and procedures. Subscribers will also be notified when active duty and reserve payslips are posted and of both scheduled and unscheduled outages affecting the Direct Access personnel system or the TPAX travel claim liquidation system. Additionally, subscribers will be updated when important information is posted to the Pay and Personnel Center's internet site.

Click to subscribe

Contact Us

Mailing address:

Commanding Officer (Staff Symbol)
U.S. Coast Guard 
Pay & Personnel Center
444 S. E. Quincy St.
Topeka, KS 66683-3591


(866) 772-8724
(785) 339-2200



Feedback button Portal Login

customer care  Visit MY CG
DMDC MIL CONNECT WEB SITE LOGO MilConnect P&D On Demand Training

Pay & Personnel News Updates from our Branches

Don't Forget to Update DEERS


The lives of service members and their families are full of transitions. Whether it's permanent change of station moves, retiring, going from Reserve status to active duty or something else, the one constant is change. The good news is that your TRICARE coverage can stick with you through these life changes, but you do have to make sure that your records in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) are up to date with your latest life events.

This means you should keep all your personal information - address, duty status, phone numbers, and email addresses - up to date. It's important to review DEERS as soon as possible whenever you move or experience one of the following life events:

  • Activation
  • Deactivation
  • Separation or retirement
  • Becoming Medicare eligible

Changing your contact information in DEERS is easy and can be done online at milConnect (www.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect), by fax or mail, or in person at the nearest uniformed services identification (ID) card office. One thing you can't update yourself in DEERS is your duty status - only your Service can make those updates. Whenever you have a change in your duty status, check DEERS to make sure it's accurate. You can find your nearest ID card offices online with the RAPIDS Site Locator at www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/.

Other life events that can affect your TRICARE eligibility and require you to update DEERS include:

  • Marriage or divorce
  • Birth or adoption of a child
  • Change in a student's full-time enrollment status

Many DEERS updates require supporting documentation, including: marriage, birth, or death certificates, Medicare cards and Social Security Administration notification letters and orders or DD Forms214/discharge orders. A list of required documentation for various types of updates is available at www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/. Make sure to review the list and bring the appropriate documents with you, or you may not be able to make the updates you need.

For more information on how to update DEERS information, go to www.tricare.mil/DEERS.

Providing Your SSN in DEERS

Please note that even though your SSN is being replaced on your ID card, it is still important to provide your SSN and the SSNs of your TRICARE-covered dependents in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). In order to notify the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of your TRICARE coverage, so that the IRS is aware that you have met the minimum essential coverage requirement under the Affordable Care Act, your SSN, and your family members' SSNs must be listed in DEERS.