U. S. Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center
Subscribers to this list will receive notices and information on Coast Guard military pay and personnel policy and procedures. Subscribers will also be notified when active duty and reserve payslips are posted and of both scheduled and unscheduled outages affecting the Direct Access personnel system or the TPAX travel claim liquidation system. Additionally, subscribers will be updated when important information is posted to the Pay and Personnel Center's internet site.
Click to subscribe
Commanding Officer (Staff Symbol)
U.S. Coast Guard
Pay & Personnel Center
444 S. E. Quincy St.
Topeka, KS 66683-3591
R 28 FEB 18
SUBJ: CHANGE IN RESERVE COMPONENT CATEGORY FORM, CG-1001
A. Reserve Policy Manual, COMDTINST M1001.28 (series)
1. This message announces an update to the Change in Reserve Component Category (RCC) Form, CG-1001.
2. The revised CG-1001 is the result of feedback from field units. The new CG-1001 is
designed to provide greater clarity of the RCC process and allow commands and Reserve
Force Readiness System (RFRS) staffs the ability to provide a detailed recommendation
to ensure a more thorough vetting of RCC requests.
3. IAW reference (a) and established CG PSC-RPM business practices, the CG-1001 is
required for all members requesting a change in RCC (i.e. SELRES, IRR, ASL or ISL).
All RCC change requests shall be submitted through the member’s command and
District/DOL-1/PAC-13 RFRS staff, to the CG PSC-RPM-1 Status Section at: ARL-PF-CGPSC-RPM-1-Status@uscg.mil. Members shall continue to drill until RCC approval is received
from CG PSC-RPM to avoid potential recoupment due to advanced payment of SGLI premiums.
4. The updated CG-1001 is now available on CG Portal and on the internet at:
5. Effective immediately, previous versions of the CG-1001 will no longer be accepted.
RCC requests submitted after the release of this message using a previous version of
the CG-1001, or without supporting documentation, will be returned without action.
6. Questions about the RCC process should be directed to unit RFRS staffs.
7. CG PSC-RPM POC: RPM-1 Status Section at ARL-PF-CGPSC-RPM-1-Status@uscg.mil.
8. CAPT Rob Hanley, Chief, CG PSC-RPM, sends.
9. Internet release authorized.