U. S. Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center
Direct Access Outage Thursday, 19 Dec 0001 Hrs. to Tuesday, 31 Dec 2359 Hrs. (Eastern Time)
Direct Access (DA) will not be available for units, SPOs, members or retirees & annuitants from 0001 (EST) on Thursday, 19 December 2019 to 2359 on Tuesday, 31 December 2019 (EST). This outage is necessary to support 2020 pay rate and other regulatory changes. The self-service password reset feature will also be disabled during this outage.
Subscribers to this list will receive notices and information on Coast Guard military pay and personnel policy and procedures. Subscribers will also be notified when active duty and reserve payslips are posted and of both scheduled and unscheduled outages affecting the Direct Access personnel system or the TPAX travel claim liquidation system. Additionally, subscribers will be updated when important information is posted to the Pay and Personnel Center's internet site.
Click to subscribe
Commanding Officer (Staff Symbol)
U.S. Coast Guard
Pay & Personnel Center
444 S. E. Quincy St.
Topeka, KS 66683-3591
Web-TPAX https://webtpax.osc.uscg.mil/ (copy and paste into address bar, must be on a CG Workstation. Web-Tpax cannot be accessed via the internet)
SUBJ: UPDATED REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSIGNMENT TO KEY WEST FL
A. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDINST M1000.8A
B. Screening for Overseas Duty, PSCINST 1300.1
C. ALCGPSC 058/19
D. ALCGPSC 033/18
E. Suitability for Overseas Assignment Screening, MILPERSMAN 1300-304
F. Suitability and Selection for Overseas Service, MILPERSMAN 1300-302
G. BUMEDINST 1300.2A
1. All supervisors are responsible to ensure the readiness, relevance, and responsiveness of military personnel assigned under their office or command. Limited access to medical and family support resources in Key West FL present unique challenges not normally faced in most CONUS Coast Guard assignments.
2. Based on accessibility of healthcare services, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) and NAVPERSCOM Distribution Management Division (PERS-45) designated Key West Florida as a remote location requiring an overseas screening as per references E, F, and G.
3. In an effort to ensure a more complete screening of members and their dependents to determine the ability to live and be supported by the Coast Guard, Personnel Service Center provides the following updated guidance for assignment to Key West Florida.
a. Members and dependents must be screened to determine their suitability for any assignment to a Sector Key West Florida unit. Commands will utilize the command checklist for OCONUS screening located in article 1.H. of reference A. to conduct this screening. Additional guidance and updates to OCONUS screening requirements can be found in reference B and C.
b. The designated Entry Approval Point for all assignments for Sector Key West Florida units will be Base Miami Beach, FL.
6. This guidance is intended for immediate use and will be included in forthcoming revised PSCINST 1300.1 publication.
7. Released by: CAPT G. T. Prestidge, Commander, CG Personnel Service Center. The Service Center for our Most Important Resources – Our People.
8. Internet release authorized.