U. S. Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center
Subscribers to this list will receive notices and information on Coast Guard military pay and personnel policy and procedures. Subscribers will also be notified when active duty and reserve payslips are posted and of both scheduled and unscheduled outages affecting the Direct Access personnel system or the TPAX travel claim liquidation system. Additionally, subscribers will be updated when important information is posted to the Pay and Personnel Center's internet site.
Click to subscribe
Commanding Officer (Staff Symbol)
U.S. Coast Guard
Pay & Personnel Center
444 S. E. Quincy St.
Topeka, KS 66683-3591
Web-TPAX https://webtpax.osc.uscg.mil/ (copy and paste into address bar, must be on a CG Workstation. Web-Tpax cannot be accessed via the internet)
05 SEP 19
SUBJ: LEAVE BALANCE GUIDANCE FOR END OF FISCAL YEAR 2019
A. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDTINST M1000.8 (series)
B. U.S. Code, Title 10, Section 701
1. To avoid leave balance issues at the end of the fiscal year, commands and supervisors are directed approve or disapprove all pending Direct Access (DA) absence requests by COB 16SEP19. Requests submitted after this date must be approved or denied immediately. Military members should check their DA account to ensure all pending requests have been cleared prior to the deadline. Additionally, commands and supervisors can view pending leave by ATU and Department on the Excel report located at: https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/ppc/HRBA/Reports_Various/Forms/AllItems.aspx
2. Military members are only authorized to carry over a maximum of 60 days of leave into the next fiscal year per references (a) thru (c). All pending absence requests (leave), to be completed prior to the end of the fiscal year, will be auto-approved on 18SEP19. This includes non-chargeable leave that is in a pending status. With more than 11,800 pending absence requests in DA, this effort will significantly reduce leave balance errors and minimize the impact on members from both losing leave (leave adjusted to 60 days) and also being charged in FY20 for leave taken in FY19.
3. Directions on how to view a complete list of pending absence requests can be found on PPC’s website at:
https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/ppc/RoboHelp/DAGP/AbsenceRequest/MonitorAbsenceRequestReport.aspx. Additional information for members, commands, and SPOs on how to correct, modify and/or delete absence requests is available at the following website: https://www.dcms.uscg.mil/Portals/10/CG-1/PPC/guides/GP/SPO/Absences/Correcting%20and%20Deleting%20Absence%20Requests.pdf
4. Released by: CAPT P. N. Melnick, Command Deputy, CG Personnel Services Center. The Service Center for Our Most Important Resource – Our People.
5. Internet release is authorized.