Aug. 19, 2021 —
R 181639Z AUG 21
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC//CG-83//
SUBJ: INTERIM GUIDANCE FOR FY22 TEMPORARY DUTY/TDY TRAVEL ORDERS PREPARATION
A. ALCOAST 254/21 – SITREP 1 – E-GOV TRAVEL SYSTEM (ETS) IMPLEMENTATION
1. Due to the retirement of CAS/FPD, changes to the process of making advanced
preparations for early fiscal year (FY) Temporary Duty/TDY Travel are necessary.
The guidance below only applies to cases where advanced preparation in FY21 is
required to effectively facilitate FY22 travel. Additional guidance on FY22 travel
will be promulgated in the future.
2. For TDY and Local Travel (current Doc Types 11 & 13) beginning in early FY22,
where advanced preparation such as orders creation must be made, Approving Officials
shall create offline zero dollar TDY orders utilizing the CG-4251 form or letter
orders with language stating that “final approval is subject to availability of funds”.
In addition, a TONO Log shall be kept to track TONOs for reference when re-creating
orders in E-Gov Travel System (ETS)on or after 01OCT21.
3. Per ref (A), On 01OCT21 TDY travelers who were issued orders in advance for FY22
travel, shall access ETS and submit a request to travel to their supervisor for approval.
Once supervisor approval is granted, Funds Managers and Approving Officials shall follow
the Cutover Process Guide direction for ETS and the Cutover Financial System (CFS).
4. The Cutover Process Guide is expected to be released in early September, announced
via CG message and accessible for download from the CG Portal.
5. For more information concerning ETS please visit:
https://www.dcms.uscg.mil/ppc/travel/ets2/ or email the Travel Management Office at
6. POC: For more information regarding TDY travel preparations contact
7. CAPT William A. Budovec, CG-83, sends.
8. Internet release authorized.