July 12, 2022 —
R 121305Z Jul 22 MID200080003280U
FM COMCOGARD PSC WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: 2022 ANNUAL REVIEW OF CRITICAL HOUSING AREAS (CHA)
A. Critical Housing Areas (CHA), COMDTINST 11101.15A
B. ALCGPSC 024/22
C. Joint Travel Regulations
1. In accordance with Ref A, Para 2. of Ref B is hereby updated
effective 8 Jun 2022 to add Astoria/Warrenton, OR and Cape
Disappointment/Illwaco, WA (MHA OR241) as a designated CHA.
2. IAW paragraph 14 of Ref A, members with dependents issued PCS
orders to a CHA designated unit, or a unit located in a CHA designated
MHA, and who have no intention of relocating their dependents to
that unit, may submit a Housing Allowance Protection Worksheet
(CG-2025A) to CG PSC-PSD-fs requesting housing allowances based on a
location other than their new Permanent Duty Station (PDS). Members
authorized a housing allowance based on the payment of child support
are not eligible to submit a CG-2025A under the CHA policy.
3. IAW paragraphs 051301 and 051306 of Ref C, travel and shipment of
Household Goods (HHG) costs exceeding the maximum allowed for travel
of dependents and shipment of HHG from the last PDS to the new PDS
will be at the memberâ€™s expense. IAW paragraph 050408 of Ref C,
dependent travel and HHG transportation costs associated with future
PCS orders will be based upon the memberâ€™s PDS, vice the authorized
CHA Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) location of dependents.
4. Members complete the Housing Allowance Protection Worksheet
(CG-2025A), and the member's command sends via e-mail to CG PSC-
PSD-fs. If the member's CG-2025A is approved, CG PSC-PSD-fs issues an
approval e-mail to the member and copies the applicable SPO for
Direct Access processing on the applicable effective date.
5. PSC-PSD-FS POCs: YNCS Otmane Karim (202)795-6638 and
Mr. Wayne Canfield (510) 437-5796.
6. Released by: RDML D. C. Barata, Commander, Personnel Service
Center. The Service Center for Our Most Important Resource
7. Internet release is authorized.