Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
U. S. Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center
Direct-Access Planned Maintenance Outage
Direct Access will not be available from Thursday, February 2, 2023, at 21:00 (CST) until Friday, February 3, 2023, at 01:00 (CST). This outage is necessary for Direct Access maintenance.
Subscribers to this list will receive notices and information on Coast Guard military pay and personnel policy and procedures. Subscribers will also be notified when active duty and reserve payslips are posted and of both scheduled and unscheduled outages affecting the Direct Access personnel system or the TPAX travel claim liquidation system. Additionally, subscribers will be updated when important information is posted to the Pay and Personnel Center's internet site.
Click to subscribe
Commanding Officer (Staff Symbol)
U.S. Coast Guard
Pay & Personnel Center
444 S. E. Quincy St.
Topeka, KS 66683-3591
For E-Gov Travel Sys (ETS) Call the
hotline: 1-866-800-USCG (8724)
Customer Care - PPC-DG-CustomerCare@uscg.mil
Web Content Manager - PPC-SMB-PPC-PD@uscg.mil
Report broken links
or other website
R 181601Z APR 22 MID200001679423U
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: PROMULGATION OF COMPENSATION AND CREDIT FOR MATERNITY LEAVE
TAKEN BY RESERVE COMPONENT MEMBERS
A. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDTINST 1000.8A
B. National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021, Public
C. Title 37, United States Code
D. Title 10, United States Code
1. This ALCOAST updates REF (A) in accordance with REFs (B), (C),
and (D) authorizing Inactive Duty Training (IDT) compensation
and credit for retired pay purposes for maternity leave, hereby
referred to as maternity absence, taken by members of the Reserve
Components in accordance with section 602 of REF (B).
2. Maternity absence is authorized in lieu of duty for up to 12
regularly scheduled IDT drills for satisfactorily participating
Selected Reserve (SELRES) members within one year of a birth event
that occurred after 20-weeks gestation.
3. Compensation is authorized in accordance with section 206(a) of
REF (C) and credit towards retirement will accrue in accordance with
Chapter 1223 of REF (D).
4. Reservists must notify their command as soon as practical
following a qualifying birth event in order to facilitate processing
of drill pay and retirement points.
5. Commanders may not disapprove maternity absence for members
during the first three months immediately following a qualifying
birth event. Reservists who opt to take maternity absence outside
of this period are subject to scheduling constraints set by
commanders due to operational and training requirements, however
they must be allowed to take the absence before reaching 12 months
6. Points credited for maternity absence will be applied to the
year (anniversary and fiscal) in which they occur.
7. Separate crediting of points will accrue for maternity absence
periods taken in connection with each qualifying birth event.
8. These changes are effective immediately upon release of this
message. Points or pay will not be awarded retroactively and
maternity absence must be taken within 12 months of a qualifying
9. Changes will be incorporated to REF (A) with a new section within
Chapter 6 during the next revision.
10. This message will be cancelled on 17 APR 2023.
11. Questions on execution should be directed to COMDT (CG-R55):
12. Policy questions should be directed to COMDT (CG-1334):
13. CAPT A. W. Williams, Acting Director of Military
Personnel (CG-13), sends.
14. Internet release is authorized.