Aug. 5, 2022 —
ALCOAST 289/22 is a reminder of the Special Leave Accrual (SLA) policy announced in ACN 055/21.
R 041730Z AUG 22 MID200080079446U
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: COVID-19: SPECIAL LEAVE ACCRUAL (SLA) UPDATE FY22
A. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 011348Z JUN 21/ACN 055/21
B. 10 U.S.C. Section 701
C. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDTINST M1000.8A
1. This ALCOAST is a reminder of the Special Leave Accrual (SLA)
policy announced in REF (A) for all active and qualified reserve
military personnel in accordance with REFs (B) and (C). This was
due to the ongoing Coast Guard response to the National Emergency
resulting from COVID-19 pandemic.
2. The following chart illustrates the maximum leave balance
carryover for FY21–FY23:
End date of FY: Total Carryover Limit:
30SEP21 90 days
30SEP22 75 days
30SEP23 60 days
3. Members should manage their accrued leave balances to avoid
loss of leave. Commands are encouraged to work with members to
plan leave which balances member and family needs with mission
4. Policies and standards in REF (C), not specifically addressed
in this ALCOAST, remain unchanged.
5. For general policy questions contact COMDT (CG-1334) at:
6. Dr. D. M. Navarro, Acting Assistant Commandant for
Human Resources (CG-1), sends.
7. Internet release is authorized.