Nov. 22, 2022 —
References: (a) ETQC TRAINING ADVISORY 008-22, PROCESSING FY23 "C" SCHOOL, "A" SCHOOL & ACCESSION COURSE TDY ORDERS
1. As a reminder, FORCECOM continues to permit local units to manage the administration of FY23 "C" school, “A” school and Accession (e.g. DCO, OCS, DEPOT) course TDY orders to include initiation of the travel authorization, funds certification, and AO approval. These instructions do not apply to PCS orders to the subject schools or orders issued at no cost, including no cost orders to Reservists. Reservists in receipt of no cost school orders must contact their benefiting unit and/or District (dxr) to obtain funding and applicable orders (including POET information), to attend formal “A”, “C” and Accession school training.
2. In accordance with the references listed above, "C" school, "A" school & Accession course TDY travelers must follow the instructions below to ensure successful obligation and vouchering. All travelers and AOs are reminded to read Direct Access (DA) generated TDY orders in their entirety, but AT NO TIME, ARE TRAVELERS OR AOs AUTHORIZED TO RETRIEVE AND/OR USE THE DA SYSTEM GENERATED DOCUMENT NUMBER WITHIN (TAS) TO ARRANGE ANY TRAVEL, TO INCLUDE USE OF THE CENTRALLY BILLED ACCOUNT (CBA). THE DOCUMENT NUMBER DERIVED IN ETS UPON SUCCESSFUL CREATION OF A NEW TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION MUST BE THE ONLY DOCUMENT NUMBER USED FOR THIS PURPOSE.
Instructions for those in receipt of FY23 “C” school, “A” school or Accession course TDY orders or those anticipating receipt of FY23 "C" school, "A" school or Accession course TDY orders include the following:
- Upon receipt of TDY order, start a new authorization in ETS for the TDY travel. Travelers should follow PPC guidance on when to contact SATO directly.
- Under Basic information, select or enter the following.
- Type of Travel: Training.
- Specific Purpose of Travel: (Enter 6 digit DA course code, e.g. 100427), Course Name, & dates of travel.
- Under Reservation, make reservations IAW normal TDY procedures.
- Under Site Details, enter your entire trip itinerary beginning to end.
- Under Expenses, enter all your estimated expenses (e.g. hotel taxes, parking, and any other authorized entitlements). Please include estimated hotel taxes as a MISC expense. Failure to do this has forced many to modify their authorizations, because the voucher exceeds the 10% over the estimated authorization.
- Under Accounting, enter the following for each field:
- In order to select the correct Project, Organization, Expenditure Type and Task (POET), go to the following link (Advisories - Home (uscg.mil)). The link has an FY23 POET table to help you identify the correct POET to use for the course you are attending. It is VERY IMPORTANT the correct course is selected in order to properly manage FY23 travel funds.
NOTE: Accounting data will no longer print to DA generated TDY orders. Only DA orders that reflect entitlements are authorized to use FORCECOM accounting (POET) information. DA orders that show no entitlements authorized and/or reflect “no cost” in order notes are NOT authorized to enter/use POET data. AT NO TIME, ARE TRAVELERS OR AOs AUTHORIZED TO RETRIEVE AND/OR USE THE DA SYSTEM GENERATED DOCUMENT NUMBER WITHIN (TAS) TO ARRANGE ANY TRAVEL TO INCLUDE USE OF THE CENTRAL BILLED ACCOUNT. THE DOCUMENT NUMBER DERIVED IN ETS UPON SUCCESSFUL CREATION OF A NEW TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION MUST BE THE ONLY DOCUMENT NUMBER USED FOR THIS PURPOSE.
- Ensure to attach copy of DA generated orders provided by either ETQC (“C” schools), EPM (“A” schools) or CGRC (Accessions). Order status should reflect Ready.
- Review travel policy warnings.
- Review summary of expenses and itinerary and release for approval to your local funds certifier and AOs. Obligation of funds should occur within 5 business days of receipt of DA orders.
- Once approved by the AO, submit a voucher ASAP upon completion of travel in order to receive payment for travel expenses incurred.
3. This process closely mirrors the old TPAX process for Accession and A/C schools where the local unit supported members travel. All AOs are reminded to review member entitlements closely to ensure they align with the orders.
- All necessary changes to travel begin and end dates will be addressed at the local unit level via amendment to the ETS TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION and routed through the traveler’s local ETS funds approver and AO.
- Local unit personnel are NOT authorized to enter the training administration system (TAS) and make any changes to TDY orders in DA
- LOCAL UNIT PERSONNEL OR TRAVELERS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO RETRIEVE AND/OR USE THE DA SYSTEM GENERATED DOCUMENT NUMBER WITHIN (TAS) TO ARRANGE ANY TRAVEL TO INCLUDE USE OF THE CENTRAL BILLED ACCOUNT. THE DOCUMENT NUMBER DERIVED IN ETS UPON SUCCESSFUL CREATION OF A NEW TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION MUST BE THE ONLY DOCUMENT NUMBER USED FOR THIS PURPOSE.
4. FORCECOM Business Operations continues to closely monitor the balances of accounting lines daily and add funds as necessary. It is possible authorizations or vouchers may be rejected due to lack of funds. If that occurs, please try to submit the authorization or voucher again in one or two business days, and the problem should be rectified.
5. ETQC, EPM, and CGRC requests the widest dissemination of this message, including distribution to subordinate commands, UTOs, and Personnel & Administration (P&A) Offices.
6. Additional questions regarding these travel orders and the associated travel vouchers should be addressed with the local unit AO.