Jan. 25, 2023 —
R 251934Z JAN 23 MID200080683302U
FM COMCOGARD PSC WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: MASTER CHIEF ADVANCEMENT PANEL (MCAP) TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENT UPDATE
FOR CS, GM, IT, AND PA
A. Enlistments, Evaluations, and Advancements, COMDTINST M1000.2(series)
B. Guidance and Eligibility Criteria for Enlisted Personnel Boards and Panels,
C. 03 OCT 22/ALCOAST 368/22 -Suspension of High Year Tenure (HYT)
1. Effective immediately, the eligibility requirement, as outlined by Article
5.C.2.f of Ref (A), to "fulfill time in grade of 24 months as an E-8 and must
have served in a continuous enlistment in that grade during the entire two
years immediately preceding the TED," may be waived for the following
ratings: CS, GM, IT, and PA.
2. Members requesting a waiver shall utilize the standard waiver process per
Ref (B). Waiver requests must be sent to HQS-SMB-CGPSC-EPM-1-Panels@uscg.mil
prior to the PED of 01 February 2023. Late requests will not be accepted.
3. All other eligibility requirements outlined in REF (A) remain unchanged.
4. This message will be cancelled on 01 JAN 2024.
5. POC: CG PSC-EPM-1 Boards and Panels: HQS-SMB-CGPSC-EPM-1-Panels@uscg.mil
6. CAPT J. A. Carter, Chief, Enlisted Personnel Management, CG Personnel Service
7. Internet release is authorized.