Nov. 7, 2023 —
R 071433Z NOV 23 MID120000606031U
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: ADVANCE PREPARATIONS FOR UPCOMING LIMITED AVAILABILITY TO
1. This ALCOAST announces necessary preparations in advance of the
scheduled period of limited availability to Direct Access. This is
required to ensure members' pay and benefits are updated to reflect
the 2024 pay rates and other regulatory changes, which include COLA,
BAH, and tax rates.
2. At 0600 EST, Wednesday, December 20, 2023, availability to Direct
Access will be limited to only those users performing tasks
associated with 2024 payroll and regulatory changes. Direct Access
will be reactivated at 0600 EST, Wednesday, January 3, 2024. This
limited availability is necessary to prevent the submission of
self-service and SPO transactions that could potentially conflict
with legislative and regulatory changes.
3. Limited availability to Direct Access impacts all Active Duty,
Reservists, Retirees, Annuitants, and civilian supervisors of
military members. During this timeframe, access to self-service
in Direct Access for all users will be unavailable. This means no
login access, including no ability to submit absence requests,
no processing of pay or separation transactions and no processing
of orders to include Reserve IDT, ADT, etc.
4. Separate guidance for commands and SPOs will be provided in an
upcoming ALCGPSC message. Guidance pertaining to A and C school
orders will be provided in an upcoming ETQC training advisory.
Commanders, Commanding Officers, Officers-in-Charge and Command
Senior Enlisted Leaders should advise all members of the need to
complete any required work prior to 0600 EST, Wednesday,
5. POC, including for requests for access during this period is
LT Brenda J. Rosado, Brenda.J.Rosado@uscg.mil.
6. Dr. D. M. Navarro, Executive Director of Personnel Readiness
7. Internet release is authorized.