Optional: If you are on a Coast Guard Standard Workstation, you can contact us by using our Trouble Ticket Form MS Word Template.
Please review the instructions, below, if you are not familiar with the MS Word Template Trouble Ticket Process
We have created a template for submitting trouble tickets to PPC via e-mail. It works like this:
1. Right-mouse click on the link to the MS word template at https://uscg.sharepoint-mil.us/sites/ppc/Documents/PPC_Customer_Care_Trouble_Ticket_Form1.docm and select "save file as..." (Reminder - You need to be on a CG Standard Workstation to use this link).
2. Save the file to a location on your user drive or desktop. After the file is downloaded select "open".
Note: If you click the link and open the file it will open in "Read Only" mode. Follow the prompts on the screen to save a local copy and enable editing
3. MS word will open with the template form. You will see a security warning at the top of the window (as shown below). YOU MUST click "Enable Content" or the macros will not run. You will also see the "Read-Only" warning if you clicked the link rather than saving the file (per steps 1 and 2). Click "Edit Document" to continue.
4. Fill out the ticket as you have filled out the web ticket in the past.
Note: The default view for MS Word 2016 is the "Reading Mode". You need to switch to the "Edit Document" view. Maximize the document window, click "View", and select "Edit Document"
5. Click the "Submit" button
6. Review the information in the warning message (shown below) and click "OK" Read and follow these instructions.
7. If you have MS Outlook open, the icon in the taskbar will blink. Click it and you will see you have a new message in draft form.
8. Open the draft message by clicking on the icon in the taskbar. The message is addressed to PSCemail@example.com this is the correct address for our tracking system. Do not change it.
9. You can add attachments if desired (See: Submitting Trouble Tickets with Supporting Documents Images). Do not make any other changes to the message.
10. Click "Send" and cancel the spell check.
11. Click "Yes" when prompted to send the message.
Trouble - Ticket Email Receipts: Network changes do not allow the auto-generation of e-mails back to the submitter.