We are all responsible to the American people to safe-guard Coast Guard information. In this time of COVID-19 response we must adopt a heightened state of cybersecurity that considers our various alternate workplaces:
• Be aware of who may be listening! Ensure that no uninvited meeting attendees are gleaning information in your conference calls, through you home smart devices like “Alexa”, or even from outside of an open window.
• Be aware of an expected increase in phishing attempts. See CISA Tip Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks.
• Review your password best practices. See Choosing and Protecting Passwords and Supplementing Passwords for more information.
• Contact CISA to report incidents, phishing, malware, and other cybersecurity concerns.
Commercial Virtualized Remote (CVR) Teams is the Coast Guard's secure platform of choice to connect it's workforce with external stakeholders. CVR Teams is intended for use on your personal device (computer, tablet, smartphone) or your government-issued mobile device. You may also use the web version of CVR Teams on your government-issued laptop, All CVR Teams resources are provided at https://www.cloud.mil/CVR/resources/
CVR Self-Service Portal
CVR Teams #How2 Videos:
Supported by CG-FIX-IT:
Let’s get started with the basics, Mandated Training
1. Unfortunately, CGBI is not available offline but here’s a list of all Mandated Training https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/training/Documents/Mandated%20Training%20List%20(Slide)_01FEB20.pdf
2. Open a new Internet Explorer page and go to this address https://elearning.uscg.mil/. It will ask for your CAC pin.
3. Simply find the courses you need and complete them. You may be prompted to re-enter your pin to keep your session current.
Accessible with a Common Access Card from any Internet or NIPR connected computer, milSuite connects all Military, Civilian, and Contractor personnel from across the DoD enterprise.
Microsoft Office training is available at https://cgcos.level0help.com/home and can be access via the member's CAC card. Trainings include self-led videos and text materials on a variety of Microsoft Office products. There are also live webinars available for sign up to learn the new features coming in Office365.