The Office of Civilian Workforce Management:
- Develops civilian policies and provides program oversight for the staffing, classification, recruitment, compensation programs.
- Manages the civilian recruitment program to include, formulating recruitment plans and initiatives to meet specific program area needs.
- Develops staffing policies and procedures to address promotion, placement, conditions of employment, reduction-in-force, and transfer of function.
- Develops compensation policies to address basic compensation, premium pay, allowances, differentials, and other special workforces.
- Adjudicates civilian claims and waivers with respect to compensation.
- Adjudicates classification appeals.
- Monitors the civilian drug-testing program, assuring compliance with governing regulations.
- Adjudicates civilian claims and waivers regarding leave, health benefits, life insurance and retirement, within delegated authority.
- Develops policies and procedural guidance and provides program oversight on leave administration, hours of work related to alternative work schedules, telework, employee absence, and types of leave.