The Human Resources Operations Division:
- Serves as the principal advisor to senior command officials on a wide variety of civilian human resources matters and issues to include position management and classification, recruitment and staffing, compensation, performance management, incentive awards, disciplinary and performance-based actions, grievances, labor relations, basic benefits, leave, incentive awards, restructuring the workforce, reduction-in-force actions, and workers compensation.
- Serves as the Civilian Human Resources Office’s first point of contact for customers.
- Conducts recruitment and staffing activities, provides advice and guidance on appropriate recruitment methods, and coordinates travel order requests for Permanent Change in Station moves.
- Evaluates and classifies civilian positions, maintains records of authorized position descriptions and billet allocations, provides recommendations on position management issues, and interprets and administers pay policies and regulations.
- Provides advice and assistances to managers and employees on basic benefits, performance management, incentive awards programs, leave regulations, and workers compensation.
- Maintains official records of all civilian employees, processes personnel actions and maintain all personnel information in associated soft/hardware applications. Liaises with payroll office to ensure proper salary payments and compliance with third-party settlement decisions.
- Establishes communication through a variety of means to advise on issues of interest and concern to military and civilian workforce assigned to the locale.
- Monitors civilian human resources activities to ensure compliance with all appropriate laws, regulations, policies and procedures and the accurate and time completion of all assigned task.
- Conducts retirement counseling and calculations and provides advisory services related to health/life insurance, Thrift Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Account, Long Term Care, Workers' Compensation, and other Federal civilian benefits and entitlements.