The Workforce Relations Division:
- Provides advice and guidance to customers in the areas of employee discipline and performance.
- Provides guidance on agency and union statutory labor relations obligations.
- Advises management on civilian employee grievances, appeals, and alternative dispute efforts.
- Oversees the Coast Guard's employee and labor relations program.
- Conducts supervisory training Coast Guard-wide in the employee relations and labor relations areas.
- Represents management in dealings with third-parties on civilian employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Develops policies and procedural guidance and provides program oversight on performance management and incentive awards.
- Manages the performance management processes for civilian employees rated under the Excellence Achievement & Recognition System (EARS) and the Department of Homeland Security/Performance Management System (DHS/PMS).
- Manages the civilian incentive awards program, ensuring employees are appropriately recognized and rewarded. Coordinates Coast Guard participation in award ceremonies.
Workforce Relations Brochure (.pdf)