Located in the heart of Northeastern North Carolina, Base Elizabeth City provides a wide variety of mission support services to units and personnel, including general administration and personnel management, medical/dental, supply, procurement and warehousing, industrial services, facilities maintenance, computer/electronics support as well as morale and recreational services. Base Elizabeth City coordinates and provides regional mission support activities within the Fifth Coast Guard District. The Base is a regional command that provides logistics, engineering, administrative, financial, purchasing, and health care services to Coast Guard units throughout North Carolina. The Base Commander synergizes field support delivery, establishes local command unity, and integrates the technical authority of logistics and service centers, product and service lines, and local, coordinated service delivery while standing shoulder-to-shoulder with our operational partners to ensure the delivery of professional, responsive and cost effective services to the American public. The Base Elizabeth staff maintains more than 880 acres of real estate, including runways, taxiways, airport traffic control tower, roadways, and more than 100 buildings.
Base Elizabeth City is comprised of 7 departments, each providing specialized support:
- Comptroller and Base Operations Department handles all supply and financial matters for Base and tenant commands. The department manages Shipping and Receiving, warehouse facilities, and installation security. The CG Police Department has 5 Federal Military Police Officers, 23 Contract Security Personnel and 8 Emergency Response Dispatchers. The Coast Guard dining facility was constructed in 2012.
- Procurement and Contracting Department handles procurement, contracting, and acquisition matters for the Base and tenant commands.
- Facilities Engineering Department is responsible for providing Base utilities, all building and grounds maintenance, Environmental Compliance and Safety and a Fire Department responsible for structural and Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting.
- Health Safety Work Life (HSWL) Department provides medical and dental care to active duty Coast Guard personnel. The clinic also provides pharmacy services to dependents and retired personnel on a space available basis. HSWL Department also manages the Work/Life program.
- Personnel Support Department (PSD) Servicing Personnel Office (SPO) handles all administrative and personnel support functions for the command and supported units. Services include pay and personnel records management, a Customer Service Center that provides ID cards and DEERS enrollments Mutual Assistance, travel arrangements and HHG shipments. Morale, Well-being and Recreation Division is responsible for services to Base Elizabeth City and its tenant commands.
- Electronic Systems Support Department (ESD) provides timely installation, repair, modification and maintenance of communication systems, computer and electronics aboard the Base.
- Command Chaplain handles all command religious program services in the Sector North Carolina AOR. The Wings of Faith Memorial Chapel is located onboard Base Elizabeth City and is a guiding light to all who enter her doors. The Chapel is also home to the Wings of Faith Memorial Wall, enshrining Coast Guard aviators lost in the line of duty.