The E-Gov Travel Service (ETS) is a governmentwide, web-based, world-class travel management service. This streamlined service continually applies commercial best practices to realize travel efficiencies and deliver a transparent, accountable, and sustainable service that yields exceptional customer satisfaction.
ETS enables the government to further consolidate travel services, platforms, and channels, improve leverage of government travel spending, reduce waste, and increase transparency for improved accountability. This directly aligns and supports the Office of Management and Budget Memo M-12-12 regarding Promoting Efficient Spending to Support Agency Operations with respect to travel.
ETS’s benefits and features include:
- Optimized online travel planning enabling informed cost decisions, at the point-of-sale, by identifying the lowest available airfare that is policy compliant;
- Create and manage travel authorizations, manage the approval process, submit vouchers, and receive reimbursements, all online;
- Mobile capabilities allow the approval of authorizations and vouchers, receipt capture, and itinerary management; and
- Flexible auditing based on agency business rules, which notify the traveler and the approver when a selection is out of compliance
- System is fee based using GSA Master Contract Schedule for booking/vouchering. Cost is directly billed to the traveler and travel funds are allocated to reimburse the traveler at settlement.
Check the ETS Messages & Articles section (below) for more information about the ETS implementation.
Master Chief Petty Officer Patricia Pilkington, the Coast Guard’s yeoman rating force master chief, provides a brief introduction to the service’s new travel system, E-Gov Travel System (ETS).