March 22, 2019 —
20 MAR 19
SUBJ: AMERICAN FORCES TRAVEL – LEISURE TRAVEL WEBSITE
1. Through a partnership with the DoD Services, Coast Guard Morale, Well-Being, and Recreation (MWR) is happy to announce the launch of the first and only military travel booking engine, www.americanforcestravel.com.
2. American Forces Travel is a new MWR program arising from a joint service initiative combining the efforts of the five branches of service. Because the Internet is now the most popular way to research and book travel, MWR chose to evolve their travel offering to bring this to the convenience to the patron base. DoD has contracted with a world leader in travel, Priceline, to deliver high value travel benefits to the U.S. military community. American Forces Travel provides online leisure services to our MWR patrons, empowering them to revitalize, reconnect, and most importantly, be mission-ready.
3. In addition to enhancing quality of life for the military community, American Forces Travel will return revenue to MWR programs by providing commissions from every reservation made. While there are many for-profit online leisure travel offerings marketing to the military today, American Forces Travel is the only official joint service owned online leisure travel program.
4. American Forces Travel is a full-service travel booking platform, including air fare, discounted prices for more than 70,000 hotels worldwide, major car rental brands, travel packages, and cruise vacations. American Forces Travel also features package booking options, a way for users to save even more when you travel. With this new MWR leisure travel website, you can be stationed anywhere in the world and still get the best available prices, no matter where you live and work. American Forces Travel offers a Best Price Guarantee, so if you find a lower price for the same product within 24 hours of making the reservation, they will refund 100% of the price difference.
5. American Forces Travel is currently open to all active duty military, eligible family members, and retirees who are eligible to use MWR programs. DoD will make it possible for appropriated and non-appropriated fund civilian employees, and the Coast Guard Auxiliary, to participate in the near future. To start your next trip, visit www.americanforcestravel.com and click “Get Started.” First-time users will be asked to verify their eligibility with the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) database. The verification process is secure and the requested information is not retained.
6. American Forces Travel is offering a Cruise Sweepstakes as an incentive to visit the website. The sweepstakes will have one, five thousand dollar Grand Prize and five, two thousand five hundred dollar First Prizes to use toward booking your next cruise on American Forces Travel. The best vacation is a free vacation, and it is simple to register for a chance to win one of these six prizes.
7. CAPT G. T. Prestidge, Commander, CG Personnel Service Center, sends. The Service Center for our most important resource – Our people.
8. Internet release authorized.