Dec. 8, 2021 —
ACN 125/21 (below) promulgates a new edition of Transition Assistance Program, COMDTINST 1900.2 (series). The new instruction can be accessed at https://media.defense.gov/2021/Nov/16/2002893673/-1/-1/0/CI_1900_2B.PDF.
R 161550Z NOV 21
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
TO ALCOAST COMDT NOTICE
SUBJ: PROMULGATION OF TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (TAP)
A. Transition Assistance Program, COMDTINST 1900.2B
B. Transition Assistance Program, COMDTINST 1900.2A
1. This ACN announces the promulgation of REF (A). REF (B) is
2. The John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act
for Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19 NDAA) was signed into law in 2018, and
significantly altered TAP requirements for the first time since
2011. REF (A) explains the major policy changes to include the
mandatory components of TAP that are applicable for all service
members who have at least 180 continuous days or more on active
duty; this includes the Reserve component.
3. Separating and retiring members must complete the new TAP
processes in REF (A) with support from their area Health Safety &
Work Life (HSWL), Transition and Relocation Manager (TRM), who
will assist in developing their individual transition plan.
4. This message will be cancelled on 15 NOV 2022.
5. Point of contact is Mr. Rodney Whaley, USCG TAP Manager,
(202) 475-5158, or via e-mail at Rodney.B.Whaley@USCG.mil.
6. Released by RADM Dana L. Thomas, Director, Health, Safety,
and Work-Life (CG-11).
7. Internet release is authorized.