Feb. 22, 2023 —
R 221318Z FEB 23 MID600052799299U
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: RATED SEA TIME FOR ADVANCEMENT IN DC, EM, ET, AND MK RATINGS
A. Enlistments, Evaluations, and Advancements, COMDTINST M1000.2C
1. This ALCOAST announces updates to REF (A) regarding rated sea
time for advancement in DC, EM, ET, and MK ratings.
2. Paragraph 3.A.16.d.(1) "Minimum Sea Duty Requirement" is
updated to reflect sea time requirements for the following ratings:
a. E-6 - DC, EM, ET, MK - 12 months in designated rating in any
b. E-7 - DC, EM, ET, MK - 36 months in designated rating in any
3. The paygrade and ratings not specifically identified above
4. As announced in ACN 012/21 these sea duty requirements are
in effect for the May 2023 SWE. Respective Rating Force Master
Chiefs are the single POC for the waiver request process. Coast
Guard Pay and Personnel Center (CG PPC) remains the final
authority on all waiver requests IAW REF (A) and will accept
waivers from rated sea time requirements through 01 April 2023
for the May 2023 SWE.
5. Policies not specifically addressed in this ALCOAST remain
unchanged. These changes will be reflected in the next revision
of REF (A), which will be released within the next year.
6. This message is cancelled on 21 FEB 2024.
7. Questions regarding policies outlined in this message or other
human resource management matters may be directed to Office of
Military Personnel Policy (CG-133) at:
8. CAPT Anthony W. Williams, Acting Director of Military Personnel
9. Internet release is authorized.