Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
U. S. Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center
Subscribers to this list will receive notices and information on Coast Guard military pay and personnel policy and procedures. Subscribers will also be notified when active duty and reserve payslips are posted and of both scheduled and unscheduled outages affecting the Direct Access personnel system or the TPAX travel claim liquidation system. Additionally, subscribers will be updated when important information is posted to the Pay and Personnel Center's internet site.
Click to subscribe
Commanding Officer (Staff Symbol)
U.S. Coast Guard
Pay & Personnel Center
444 S. E. Quincy St.
Topeka, KS 66683-3591
For E-Gov Travel Sys (ETS) Call the
hotline: 1-866-800-USCG (8724)
Customer Care - PPC-DG-CustomerCare@uscg.mil
Web Content Manager - PPC-SMB-PPC-PD@uscg.mil
Report broken links
or other website
R 061505Z MAR 23 MID200080785110U
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: DHS NON-CHARGEABLE ADMINISTRATIVE ABSENCE
A. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDTINST M1000.8A
1. This ALCOAST clarifies that administrative leave granted by the
Secretary of Homeland Security (S1) applies to active duty military
members and Reserve members on active duty at the time the
administrative leave is granted. Reserve members must use the days
granted while on active duty or it will be forfeited.
2. Each eight (8) hour period granted is equal to one (1) day of
non-chargeable administrative absence.
3. For military members the DHS administrative absence days will be
administered and treated as Special Liberty to be managed at the
local/unit level. Per REF (A) Chapter 2.B.2.c., Special Liberty may
not be used in combination with normal liberty, holidays, or other
off-duty periods where the combined period of continuous absence
would exceed four (4) days.
4. DHS administrative absence days will be recorded in Direct Access
(DA) under Non-Chargeable Absence Request, absence type "DHS S1
Authorized Absence." The event date will be the date the Secretary
granted the absence. Members will route their request to their
supervisor for approval.
5. Previously approved DHS administrative absences do not need to be
6. Questions regarding this ALCOAST may be directed to Office of
Military Personnel Policy (CG-133) at:
7. CAPT M. M. Roebuck, Acting Director of Military Personnel
8. Internet release is authorized.