Aug. 23, 2023 —
SUBJ: UNLIQUIDATED TRAVEL ADVANCES AND UNPAID GTCC BALANCES
A. ALCOAST 254/21 - JUL 2021 SITREP 1 - E-GOV TRAVEL SYSTEM (ETS) IMPLEMENTATION
1. PSC Travel Vouchers: Currently, the CG has 2159 outstanding PCS travel
claims spanning as far back as FY22’s transfer season. These unreconciled
debts pose a serious challenge to the financial system and incur hours
of additional work for our financial specialists. Also, advances, in
connection with PCS travel are limited to 80% of actual milage, per
diem, and DLA. The only way for member to recoup the additional 20%
is by submitting a travel claim. As a reminder, all travelers are required
to submit a travel claim within 3 business days after the completion
of your PCS.
2. If travel vouchers are not completed in a timely manner and advances
remain unliquidated, the CG is required to establish a debt for the
member and begin procedures to collect the advanced amount. Commands
will be notified of members that have not submitted a travel claim
and may be subject to debt collection.
3. When completing a travel voucher, especially PCS, there can be unique
expenses which may fall under different rules or policy. Please seek
assistance from travel managers, funds approvers, and authorizing officials
if experiencing problems, this will help to expedite resolution.
4. Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) Balances: Cardholders are responsible
for timely payment of their GTCC balances. When completing the travel
voucher, members should use split disbursement to pay the outstanding
GTCC balance. Vouchers shall be submitted for all completed travel to
obtain reimbursement, however, the member is ultimately responsible
for paying the GTCC balance in a timely manner. This may require the
member to pay the GTCC balance before receiving final claim payment.
5. Available resources: User Guides ETS User Guides (uscg.mil), GTCC
Library – All Documents (sharepoint-mil.us), Travel Assist Team, and
Service Now (SNOW) help ticket: Submission – FSMS (servicenowservices.com).
6. Members should continue to monitor their GTCC using CitiManager online
tools. You can verify the account balance and status of payment by
calling the number on the back of the card (800) 790-7206 or on-line
CITI account, got to link: http://dcms.uscg.mil/GOVTrvl/Travel_Card/#How_do_I_access_my_GTCC_account_online
or visit Citi Commercial Cards (citidirect.com)
7. For Travel Management Office (TMO) questions, please contact LCDR Daris Pruter,
TMO (PPC) or Daris.L.Pruter@uscg.mil
8. RDML R. E. Dash, Commander, Personnel Service Center, sends.
9. Internet released authorized.