Sept. 25, 2023 —
R 251415Z SEP 23 MID120000476173U PSN 671858P35
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: EASING ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS - SUSPENSION OF REGULAR
ENLISTED EVALUATION REPORTS (EER) FOR MILITARY PERSONNEL IN
PAYGRADES E1 THRU E3
A. Enlistments, Evaluations, and Advancements, COMDTINST
1. In alignment with continuous efforts to reduce administrative
requirements across the Service, Regular EERs for Active-duty and
reserve enlisted personnel in paygrades E1-E3 are no longer
2. Performance-Based Unscheduled EER for disciplinary matters
are still required as outlined in 4.C.2.c. of REF (A). Additionally,
a Commanding Officer may submit a Commanding Officer Recommendation
Change (CORC) to change a recommendation for advancement for any
good and sufficient reason as outlined in 4.D.3.i. of REF (A). In
situations where a Performance-Based EER or CORC for loss of
recommendation was submitted, a subsequent CORC is required to
change the Commanding Officer's recommendation before a member
can advance or be placed on a Class "A" school list IAW REF (A).
3. Suspension of Regular EERs for personnel in paygrades E1-E3 will
not impact Good Conduct eligibility, or effect placement on a
Class "A" school list, as long as the member is otherwise eligible
IAW REF (A).
4. These changes are effective immediately and will be incorporated
into the next revision of REF (A), which will be released within
the year. All other policies outlined in REF (A) not specifically
addressed within this message remain unchanged.
5. Questions may be directed to Office of Military
Personnel Policy COMDT (CG-1M1) at: mailto:HQS-PolicyandStandards@uscg.mil
6. This message will be cancelled on 24 SEP 2024.
7. RADM M. W. Raymond, Assistant Commandant for Military Personnel
8. Internet release is authorized.