April 8, 2020 —
To set up VDI software on your personal computer, please visit https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/tiscom/Services/SitePages_EISI/Virtual_Desktop.aspx
Please keep in mind that there are other options to log on to the Coast Guard network. Please start with number one, and then add capacity as needed:
- Offline or “off-network” telework: No bandwidth demand.
- BlackBerry (if assigned): Low bandwidth demand.
- Outlook Web Access (OWA): Low-Medium bandwidth demand. Minimize sending of large file attachments.
- CG Portal: Low-Medium bandwidth demand.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): Medium-High bandwidth demand. New AnyConnect VPN software was loaded to most government laptops that were connected to the network prior to 15 March.
- Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI): Highest bandwidth demand.
If you need assistance, contact CG FIXIT.