April 24, 2020 —
If this occurs do not enter your PIN as requested. Multiple attempts to input your PIN may lock out your access.
1. Close the OWA browser window and completely exit your browser. This may be a Certificate error. 2. Open a new browser window and go to: https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/Pages/main.aspx.
3. If you can access CGPortal, then your certificates are okay. Attempt OWA again.
4. If the problem persists you may need to reboot your computer.
5. Multiple attempts to input your PIN may lock out your access.
6. If after reboot OWA still does not allow you to use email without entering your PIN, we recommend using VPN and the Outlook desktop application.
7. If you also cannot open CGPortal or are locked out and cannot access your machine you may need to go to a RAPIDS ID Office to reset your CAC certificates.
8. If you have recently received a new CAC card you may need to sync your certificates with active directory: https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/c4itsc/reference/Library/Job%20Aids_Tech%20Tips/C4ITSC_FSD_TechTip_ActivClient_Reset_Cache.pdf