Nov. 7, 2018 —
We are re-posting this 2017 ALCOAST to remind you that Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) contributions are now managed via the CFC Donor Pledging System (https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/welcome).
SUBJ: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CFC ALLOTMENTS
1. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has implemented a new Combined Federal
Campaign (CFC) Donor Pledging System for use across the Federal government
(https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/welcome). The system allows donors to find charities and
make contributions online through payroll deductions, credit/debit card, funds transfer
from a bank account, and commitments to volunteer. The system will transmit payroll
deduction requests directly to our civilian employee payroll provider (the National
Finance Center (NFC)) or military payroll provider (Pay and Personnel Center (PPC)).
2. In the past, civilian employees and military members electing payroll deductions
completed paper or electronic forms containing sensitive personnel information.
Those forms were then emailed (or printed and mailed) for processing. In addition to
increasing the risk of personal information spillage, the process was labor intensive.
The advent of a new donor system reduces paperwork and removes a number of risks
associated with the printing, mailing, and emailing of sensitive personnel information.
3. Everyone choosing to give is strongly encouraged to use OPM's CFC Donor Pledging
System to keep your sensitive personnel information between you and your payroll
provider or designated financial institution.
4. The process entails setting up an account, which should only take a few minutes.
Users are reporting some delays in receiving a verification PIN from CFC. Please check
your spam or junk email folders if you did not receive a verification PIN after
attempting to sign-up for an online donor account. If you have any questions or need
additional assistance with the CFC Donor Pledging System, visit
https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/contact or call (800) 797-0098/(608) 237-4898.
5. If you choose to make a payroll contribution by completing forms outside of the
established OPM system, please follow the guidelines provided by your local CFC
Campaign manager. Print and submit your completed pledge directly to your department or
agency’s Campaign Manager. Alternatively, forms can be mailed directly to the CFC
Processing Center at P.O. Box 7820, Madison, WI 53707-7820.
6. Visit https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/faq for questions about the CFC Donor Pledging
System. Additional information regarding changes to CFC can be found at
7. Thank you to PPC and COMDTs (CG-631) and (CG-1B1) for their exceptional efforts to
keep military payroll allotments available to members.
8. RDML W. G. Kelly, Assistant Commandant for Human Resources, sends.
9. Internet release authorized.