June 14, 2022 —
Please report the passing of your loved one via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1 (866) 772-8724 (business hours are: Monday - Friday 7:30 (am) to 4:00 (pm) central time).
REPORTING THE DEATH OF A RETIREE, ANNUITANT, or FORMER SPOUSE (who is receiving pay)
Please provide the following information when reporting the death of a retiree, annuitant, or former spouse (who is receiving pay)
Deceased Persons Information:
- Employee ID number or /SSN:
- Full Name:
- Date of Death:
- Type of death: (Natural Causes or Homicide)
- Location of Death (City & State)
- Type of Burial (Buried/Cremated/Sea Burial)
- Location of burial (City & State)
Reporting Person Information
- Relationship to deceased:
- Mailing Address:
Once you have the Death Certificate please email it to email@example.com.
REPORTING THE DEATH OF A DEPENDENT (SPOUSE, PARENT, INSURABLE INTEREST or CHILD who is not receiving pay)
Please provide the following information when reporting the death of a dependent:
- Death Certificate (Dependent deaths cannot be processed without the death certificate)
- DD Form 2656-6, Survivor Benefit Plan election change Certificate, (if the person is on your Survivor Benefit Plan)
- CG Form 3600, Designation of Beneficiary for Payment of Unpaid Retired Pay, (if the person is listed as a Final Pay Beneficiary)
PPC RAS will contact you to confirm receipt of your report and/or supporting documents. This information will be given to the pay team who processes the passing of your loved one. We generally process these requests within 30 days of receipt, however incomplete or missing information or supporting documents will delay the processing.