R 081755Z NOV 22 MID200080430063U
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: DIRECT ACCESS ACCOUNT RECERTIFICATION
1. Direct Access user accounts with roles higher than CG
Self-Service must be recertified annually.
2. Members who have not recertified their elevated user roles in the
last 350 days have until 19 DEC 2022. Members who fail to recertify
their elevated user roles will have their user roles reset to
3. User role recertifications are processed in the Direct Access
system. Members have begun receiving notifications in Direct Access
and via email if their user roles have not been recertified in the
last 350 days. To view notification in Direct Access, log into
Direct Access and click on the bell shaped notification icon in the
upper right hand section of the screen.
4. Recertification requests are to be submitted to approving
officials within the requesting member's command. Approving
officials should approve or deny the requests as soon as possible.
Requests left in a pending approval status for more than 30 days
expire and will be automatically terminated. Members will receive
an email notification if their recertification request has been
terminated due to failure by approving official to approve or
deny the request and to resubmit a Direct Access user role
5. The Direct Access User Access Role Certification procedural guide
is available at the following link:
(Copy and Paste URL Below into Browser)
6. Contact the Pay and Personnel Center Customer Care Brancj at
785-339-2200 or PPC-DG-CUSTOMERCARE@USCG.MIL for questions.
7. RADM B. K. Penoyer, Assistant Commandant for Human Resources
8. Internet release is authorized.