Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
U. S. Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center
Subscribers to this list will receive notices and information on Coast Guard military pay and personnel policy and procedures. Subscribers will also be notified when active duty and reserve payslips are posted and of both scheduled and unscheduled outages affecting the Direct Access personnel system or the TPAX travel claim liquidation system. Additionally, subscribers will be updated when important information is posted to the Pay and Personnel Center's internet site.
Click to subscribe
Commanding Officer (Staff Symbol)
U.S. Coast Guard
Pay & Personnel Center
444 S. E. Quincy St.
Topeka, KS 66683-3591
For E-Gov Travel Sys (ETS) Call the
hotline: 1-866-800-USCG (8724)
Customer Care - PPC-DG-CustomerCare@uscg.mil
Web Content Manager - PPC-SMB-PPC-PD@uscg.mil
Report broken links
or other website
R 051608Z JAN 23 MID600052571017U
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: UPDATE TO MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS AND AUTHORIZED ABSENCES
A. DoD Directive-type Memorandum 23-001, "Expansion of the Military
Parental Leave Program"
B. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDINST M1000.8A
1. This ALCOAST announces an update to the Coast Guard's Primary and
Secondary Caregiver Leave Policy. Effective immediately, Chapter 6
of REF (B) that discusses primary and secondary caregiver
leave, are replaced with REF (A), and all references to such
Chapter within REF (B) will be read to refer to REF (A).
2. Major changes include replacement of primary/secondary caregiver
leave with parental leave, and an increase of up to 12 weeks for
parental leave. These changes ensure parity with the Department of
Defense. Please review REF (A) at below URL:
(Copy and Paste URL Below into Browser)
3. The Coast Guard will use the standards specified in REF (A) when
processing parental leave requests and questions.
4. Parental leave will be captured in Direct Access (DA) as
non-chargeable primary caregiver parent option until DA is updated
with the correct dropdown option. Ensure parental leave, adoption, or
long-term foster care is listed in the comments section of the
5. These changes will be incorporated into the next revision of REF
(B), which will be released within the year. All other policies
outlined in REF (B) not addressed remain unchanged.
6. This message will be cancelled on 05 JAN 2024.
7. Questions regarding this ALCOAST may be directed to Office of
Military Personnel Policy (CG-133) at:
8. Dr. D. M. Navarro, Director of Military Personnel (CG-13), sends.
9. Internet release is authorized.