Appointments Only, you may contact us by the following:

  • You may schedule an appointment by visiting, and searching for our office by state, zip code, or site name.
  • If you have questions related to your appointment contact us at  Include your title/name, phone number, and, the assistance you require; a customer service representative will contact you during our Hours of Operation listed below.
  • You may contact our office at (206) 217-6700; this number is not actively monitored by our staff.

Hours of Operation

  • Monday - Friday / 0700 - 1100 and 1200 - 1500 (Last appointment at 1430)
  • Closed for Federal Holiday

Location: The DEERS/Armed Forces Identification Card (AFID) issuing office is located on the 1st floor of building 1. Our mailing address is:

Commanding Officer (DEERS/RAPIDS)
USCG Base Seattle - Personnel Support Department
1519 Alaskan Way South
Seattle, WA 98134-1102

The Base Seattle Personnel Services Division is one of several RAPIDS/DEERS sites located in Washington State. Armed Forces Identification Cards and RAPIDS/DEERS information updating are performed in accordance with current DOD and Coast Guard Instructions. Below are some quick references of those services.

Distinct ID Cards

The Department of Defense (DOD) provides members of the Uniformed Services with a distinct ID card identifying them as Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, or Retired members and authorizing them to receive Uniformed Services’ benefits. The DOD also issues members’ eligible family members and other eligible individuals a distinct ID card authorizing them to receive Uniformed Services’ benefits and privileges.

Cross-Servicing Agreement

The Uniformed Services have agreed to assist each other in verifying ID card eligibility. The Uniformed Services assist each other in verifying certain categories of eligible persons, even if they belong to another parent service. With on-line connection to the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) using the Real Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS), issuing activities shall ensure compliance with current DOD and Coast Guard instructions and provided cross-servicing assistance as applicable.

Eligibility - AFID cards are issued to Active Duty, Reserves, Retirees, Dependents (10 years of age or older unless dependent is not residing with sponsor), and 100% Disabled Veterans (DVA) from all military services; DVA sponsors MUST have their letter of entitlement issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Identification - Previous AFID card which is surrendered when a new one is issued. Or any other form of picture ID, if the AFID card is lost or stolen.

Active Duty and Reserve Members – Two forms of identification; one must have a picture, bring your current/expired government issued ID card and your work email address. The picture ID cannot be expired. Personal email addresses will not be accepted.

Retirees – Bring your current/expired government issued ID card and your retirement orders or DD Form 214.

Dependents - Dependents must be accompanied by the sponsor; or if not accompanied, they must have a DD-1172 (Application for Uniformed Service Identification Card DEERS Enrollment Form) signed by the sponsor and witnessed by a certifying official. These forms can now be downloaded from Milconnect at:
NOTE: A valid power of attorney is acceptable when sponsor is not present to sign for a family member’s ID card application. If you are a newlywed, have a newborn child, have adopted a child or have a dependent over 21 and under the age of 23 in college, you will need to provide proper documentation. Documentation to bring – a marriage license, birth certificate, adoption papers; or a letter from the school registrar certifying full-time course of study leading to an associate’s degree or higher and anticipated graduation date.

Marriages - A marriage certificate, birth certificates, proof of ID, and social security card or passport with SSN are required for new marriages. If a social security card has not been issued for the spouse/children, we will still enter the dependent into DEERS/RAPIDS for medical purposes, however, the period of eligibility is limited and will terminate unless a social security card is provided and DEERS/RAPIDS is updated.

Newborn Children - Birth certificate and social security card are required for new born children. Newborns can be entered immediately following birth with paperwork issued by the birthing center to cover medical until the above documentation can be applied for and received; however, the period of eligibility is limited and will terminate unless a social security number is provided to an issuing site and the DEERS/RAPIDS database is updated.

Students - Age 21 and 22 (only if they are attending school FULL time), must provide a letter from the school certifying the dependent is enrolled as a full-time attendee. Members age 21 and over who do not attend full-time are no longer eligible for an ID card or considered a dependent.

Civilian Employees – NAF/GS/WG civilian employee’s service records are sent to DEERS via an authorized data feed. We can no longer enter any information into DEERS for civilian employees. Civilian Employees must have their Civilian Personnel Office enter their information into DEERS. If you are not in or updaed in DEERS we cannot process your CAC. Civilian Employees that have enrolled and are entered into DEERS should still call to verify DEERS enrollment at 1-800-538-9552, Option 3 and ensure your end date is correct.
NOTE: Newly hired Civilian Employees should anticipate a two week wait for DEERS enrollment.

Contractor Employees – DOD’s Trusted Associate Sponsorship System (TASS) is the only way that a contractor employee can obtain a CAC. Only contractors who have access to our facilities will be inputted into CVS. Additional information regarding the system, including the list of the U.S. Coast Guard’s CVS sites, user guides, policy, training information, and POCs can be found on this webpage: // Contractor Employees that have enrolled and are entered into DEERS should still call to verify DEERS enrollment at 1-800-538-9552, Option 3.

Other Seattle Area DEERS / RAPIDS Locations

  • JBLM: (253) 967-5065
    Hours: 0730 – 1600 M-F
    0830 – 1600 Thursday
    Appointments and walk-ins
  • NAS Everett: (425) 304-4256
    Hours: 0800 – 1530 M-F
    Appointments only
  • NAS Whidbey Island: (360) 257-6770
    Hours for appointments: 0730 – 1600 M-F
    Hours for walk-ins: 0730 – 1500 M-F
  • NOAA @ Sandpoint: (206) 526-6571 / (206) 526-6429
    Hours: 0800 – 1430 M-F
    Appointments only
  • NSB Bangor: (360) 396-5732
    Hours: 0730 – 1600 M-F
    Appointments and walk-ins
  • PSNS Bremerton: (360) 627-3370
    Hours: 0730 – 1600 M-F
    Appointments and walk-ins

For more locations please use the RAPIDS Locator: