The Decedent Affairs information below provides general assistance to Coast Guard members, family members, funeral directors, and Casualty Assistance Calls Officer (CACO). Greater detail for CACOs regarding reporting personnel casualties, responsibility for casualty affairs, and military funeral honors support can be found below.
To report a Coast Guard personnel casualty (active, reservist, auxiliary, or family member) please contact the Base Detachment St. Louis Decedent Affairs Officer.
Decedent Affairs Officer: (314) 269-2372
INFORMATION & LINKS
* Coast Guard Casualty Assist Guide: This guide describes rights and benefits that a survivor of a deceased Coast Guard member may be eligible to receive.
* Office of Military Personnel Compensation Division: This is a link to Coast Guard Headquarters website which provides information on various benefits and entitlements.
* Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents.
FUNERAL DIRECTOR INFORMATION
* Request for Military Funeral Honors Form. This form is normally completed by the funeral director.
* Military Funeral Honors and Burial at Sea Requests.
* Procedures for conducting military funeral honors and burial at sea.
* Casualty Assistance Coordinators
* CACO Handbook. This handbook is used by the unit Casualty Assistance Calls Officer (CACO).
* Disposition of Remains Form. This form will be completed by the CACO and family.
* SF-1174, Claim for Unpaid Compensation of Deceased Member of the Uniformed Services
* CG-1884, Application for Annuity Under the Survivor Benefit Plan
* Decedent Affairs Form. This is a listing of forms or websites where forms can be located that are needed to complete casualty calls.