Space-A Flights and Environmental and Morale Leave
Space Available flights are open to the following individuals:
- Active Duty Coast Guard members and DOD members.
- Dependents of Active Duty members.
- Civilian employees of Coast Guard.
- Reserve members on orders.
- Retired military members and their dependents.
Active Duty, Reserve, authorized civilian employees, and unaccompanied dependents flying on Environmental and Morale Leave (EML) must have an EML letter from their command. If permanently assigned to Base Kodiak, a letter may be obtained by emailing D17-DG-M-K-BaseKodiak-Admin@uscg.mil.
Destination of Space-A Flights:
- Elmendorf Air Force Base, Anchorage, AK.
- Cordova, AK.
- Sitka, AK.
- Juneau, AK.
- Ketchikan, AK.
The Space-A schedule is subject to change and can be obtained by calling the Space-A desk at (907) 487-5149.
EML RULES AND PROVISIONS:
- All active duty members must present a leave chit or orders.
- If you cannot make the flight, please call 907-487-5149 to cancel your request.
- All persons aged 10 and up must present a military issued ID card.
- If flying EML, you must present your EML letter.
- No open-toed or heeled shoes.
- No tank-tops, shorts or revealing clothing.
- No alcohol may be open or consumed on the flight.
- No pets.
- HAZMAT must be authorized by the loadmaster prior to the day of flight.
- Firearms and ammo must be checked in with the loadmaster.
- Loadmaster must authorize any baggage weight over 50 lbs. per passenger.
- Unless otherwise noted, roll-call in Kodiak is 0600 and in Elmendorf is 1700
- Military members flying on Environmental and Morale Leave (EML) or dependents flying unaccompanied, members must have an EML letter from command YN.
To request a flight, go to www.KodiakMWR.com, click on “Links” then “Air Station Kodiak Space-A Signup.”