The Hurricane Information Number is 1-844-BSU-NOLA (278-6652).
This will be updated during a contingency.
Note: All Base New Orleans personnel should read and become familiar with the Base New Orleans Contingency Plan (found on the Base New Orleans Portal Page) prior to the Hurricane Season which begins June 1st each year.
Click here to download your free copy of the Louisiana Citizen Awareness and Disaster Evacuation Guide. It is a good idea to keep one copy of this guide in each of your vehicles. These can also be picked up for free at all Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart and Red Cross locations. Please review the contraflow plans and evacuation time frames. Note that there are only certain entrances to the highways when contraflow is in effect.
Another great resource is from Entergy in regards to disasters of various multitudes and magnitudes is Operation: Storm Ready. This document provides ample information and should be reviewed before the entering of hurricane season.
Other things to consider:
- Water- one gallon per person per day.
- Food- three-day supply of non-perishable items
- First-aid kits
- Clothing & bedding- at least one complete change of clothing per person.
- Sanitation & personal hygiene
- Special needs items for babies, elderly or disabled
- Important documents & cash
- Extra fuel