Base New Orleans Ombudsman
The Base New Orleans Ombudsman is Brandi Ruffner. Brandi can be reached be email at ombudsBNOLA@gmail.com
An Ombudsman is a volunteer (who may be a Spouse, Reservist, or Auxiliaries) that is designated by a Command to serve as a link between the command and families, assisting the command in its functions of providing information and related services to families regarding sources of assistance available to them, Coast Guard and command policies, and activities of interest to family members.
Services typically performed by Ombudsman:
- Liaison between the Command families and the Command.
- Direct a grievance or a suggestion to the proper department.
- When a crisis arises at home, an Ombudsman can refer you to the best resource for help for professional guidance.
- Offer familiarization with a variety of organizations.
- Source of information and outreach. They can pass on information regarding changes affecting military families.