Pay & Personnel Center (PPC)

Need a corrected DD-214?

If your DD-214 is incorrect and you want a corrected form, you need to send your request in writing to:

DHS Office of General Counsel
Board for Correction of Military Records
Mailstop #485
245 Murray Lane
Washington, DC 20528
Phone: (202) 447-4099


Include your name, rank/rate, SSN/Employee ID, and date of retirement.

To Request: a DD-214 online:
Note: Because a written signature is required on the form, you will still need to print it out and mail or fax it to NPRC to obtain a copy http://vetrecs.archives.gov/

Coast Guard Resources

Survivor Assistance
  • Coast Guard survivor & widow assistance is provided by the Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center (PPC) Retiree and Annuitant Services (RAS) Branch.

    More information can be found in the Information for Survivors of
    USCG, USCGR, NOAA and PHS Retirees Guide.

    To report the death of a Coast Guard, NOAA, PHA retiree/annuitant or a Lighthouse keeper

    Toll free: 1-800-772-8724
    Commercial: 1-785-339-3415
    Fax: 1-785-339-3770

    Or write:
    Commanding Officer (RAS)
    USCG Pay & Personnel Center
    444 SE Quincy St
    Topeka, KS 66683-3591

Retirees and their dependents are eligible fro all legal assistance. Services that include Wills and Power of Attorney. For more information: CG-094, Office of the Judge Advocate.

To find a Legal Assistance Lawyer near you.

Although the CG SUPRT website is meant for Active, Reserve and Coast Guard Civilian personnel, the CG SUPRT website offers a wealth of information for the retiree community. In addition consultants may be able to assist with community resources available to the Coast Guard retiree community.
Medals & Awards
  • Personnel Services Division Medals and Awards Branch (PSD-MA).

      1-202-795-6575 or

      • For WWII U.S. Merchant Marine Awards and Decorations      
        Phone: 1-202-366-2646 or visit the
        Or Visit the U.S. Department of Transportation Maritime Administration's website.
      • Separated from the Coast Guard prior to 9-30-2006 have had their records printed in paper format and shipped to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) for storage.

      Instructions for getting copies of military records from the NPRC and other information is accessible at: https://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/.

      • Separated from the Coast Guard on or after 9-30-2006 have had their records converted to a digital file and those records are maintained at CG Military Records until the CG Retiree is 62 years of age, when records are transferred to the NPRC.

      Instructions for getting copies of military records from CG Military records and other information is accessible at: //www.uscg.mil/psd/mr/214.asp.                

      • Separated from the service and plan on filing a claim for medical benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), you do not need to request a copy of your military records from the NPRC. The VA regional office handling your case will petition both NPRC and the VA Records Management Center for needed service and medical records to adjudicate your claim.
      Social Media