About the Course
AFSNCOA provides a unique course of instruction that is ideal for active duty E-7, E-8, and E-9 personnel who desire to take the next step in the enlisted leadership continuum and further their professional leadership development.
AFSNCOA, located on Gunter Annex, Maxwell Air Force Base in leadership development. This five-week course provides students a relevant and interesting curriculum that is based on student needs, effective communication, teamwork, professional leadership, military science, and managerial development skills. The AFSNCOA is affiliated with the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). All graduates are credited with 5 General Education college semester hours through CCAF. Montgomery, Alabama provides a unique course of instruction that is ideal for members who desire to take the next step in the enlisted leadership continuum and further their professional AFSNCOA classes consist of 300 top-rated Senior Enlisted leaders from all branches of the United States and Foreign Allied Forces. For some DOD and Foreign Service members, this will be their first contact with a Coastguardsman. Applicants are charged with the duty and responsibility of showing fellow Sailors, Soldiers, and Airmen the amazing accomplishments of our great service and our Chief’s Mess. Coast Guard members attending this academy will have an impact on Coast Guard’s image locally, nationally, and throughout the world.
This academy develops Joint and Coalition senior enlisted leaders to be adaptable, critically thinking, and strategically relevant in their operating environment while providing a quality resident professional military education (PME) in a joint environment. This five week course provides students a relevant and interesting curriculum that is based on student needs, effective communication, teamwork, professional leadership, military science, and managerial development skills.
- Be an active duty Chief (E-7)
- Have outstanding performance documented in Direct Access.
- Be an excellent representative of the U.S. Coast Guard and present a sharp, trim, and fit military appearance.
- Be in compliance with Coast Guard weight standards as well as meet the Air Force’s requirements of a 39.5” waistline or acceptable BMI. Information on the USAF fitness program is located at http://www.afpc.af.mil/Air-Force-Fitness-Program
- Be fit for full duty and able to participate in the USAF’s fitness program. Members shall ensure they receive at least a satisfactory composite score on the USAF Fitness Assessment. Proper documentation of results is required on the application.
- Have two years of obligated service remaining upon graduation as outlined in the Performance, Training, and Education Manual.
1. CG Memo Format
2. No more than 2 pages; excluding endorsements
3. 12 point text, Times New Roman, single spaced, single sided
4. Memo is from the member and addressed to the AFSNCOA Appointment Board
5. Subject is APPLICATION FOR AFSNCOA
Paragraph one contains the members information:
2. Date of Rank
4. Unit Address
5. Contact Numbers
6. Email Address
7. TIS & TIG
8. Two session dates that you can attend
Describe current responsibilities and collateral duties as they relate to the supporting the Commandant’s Direction and Priorities.
Describe how you have incorporated the Coast Guard Ethos and Core Values into your everyday life, both on duty and off duty.
Describe why you believe this opportunity will help you become a more effective leader.
Command endorsements are required from the member’s Commanding Officer and Gold or Silver Badge. They must be submitted as a new page endorsement and address the following:
1. That the member will be an excellent CG representative
2. Member presents a sharp military appearance
3. Member is fit for full duty, meets CG weight and USAF fitness requirements
4. Member’s involvement in the Chief’s Mess and Chief Petty Officer Association
5. Why the member should be selected to attend this academy
- First Enclosure : (2) 8x10 photo of member in TROPS; one facing forward and one facing to the side, full length
- Second Enclosure: Air Force Fitness Assessment Scorecard (AF FORM 4446 found at Air Force e-Publishing: http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/
All documents shall be combined and saved as a single PDF titled: Member Name AFSNCOA Application FY__ and emailed to the Program Manager identified above.
All documents shall be combined and saved as a single PDF titled: Member Name AFSNCOA Application FY__ and emailed to the Program Manager identified below. For information on the selection process on this course, please review the signed PRECEPT.
Class Start Date
*Application deadlines are 45 days prior to session convening.
MKCS Chris Wilson, COMDT (CG-128), phone 202-475-5511, email Christopher.H.Wilson@uscg.mil
If information is required that isn’t reflected on the websites, contact the Program Manager listed above or the CGs Liaison/Instructor, MKC J. Rich Helton at email@example.com.
For additional information please visit the TQC website and/or http://www.airuniversity.af.mil/Barnes/AFSNCOA/.
For all Navy and Marine Corps personnel inquiring about this course, contact CMDCS Christopher Brooks (Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org).