CG-1 Banner

Commandant (CG-1)
U.S. Coast Guard (Attn: insert office name)
2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE
Stop 7907
Washington, DC 20593-7907

We recruit, invest in, and care for highly diverse, talented people who enable and deliver Coast Guard mission success.

 Coast Guard Careers - Military (Active Duty and Reserve, Enlisted and Officer)
I would like information about enlisting in the Coast Guard. – Visit the Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC) website for information about Coast Guard military careers.

How do I know whether I'm eligible to join the Coast Guard? What are the educational requirements for joining the Coast Guard? The Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC) can help you with questions pertaining to joining the Coast Guard. Their website is located at You can also find your local Coast Guard recruiter at or chat with a Coast Guard recruiter by visiting
 Coast Guard Civilian Jobs

How do I find out about Civilian jobs with the Coast Guard? To find out more about the wide range of Coast Guard civilian opportunities, visit the Civilian HR website.

I applied for a job … and I have not heard anything. Whom should I contact? Please contact your local Command Staff Advisor (CSA) with your questions. The contact list is available on the Civilian HR website.

Who do I contact regarding technical problems (password, logon) with Monster? The Coast Guard civilian job application process is supported by a third party vendor. Please contact for any technical support, including password retrieval and logon assistance.

How do I obtain employment verification? Your local Command Staff Advisor (CSA) should be able to help you with this. The contact list is available on the Civilian HR website.

 Contact Us

For answers to other Human Resources-related questions, please contact the appropriate program office below:

Civilian Personnel, including Civilian Human Resources Support and Civilian Careers

Coast Guard Recruiting Command - Military Coast Guard Jobs


Education and Training Quota Management Command


  • Education

  • Scholarships

  • Tuition Assistance

Pay & Personnel Center (PPC)

  • Member Benefits

  • Employment Verification

  • Leave and Earnings Statements (LES) for current and former Coast Guard Members

Coast Guard Personnel Service Center (PSC), including Military Advancements and Separations, Assignments, Evaluations and Promotions, Medals and Awards, Decedent Affairs

Uniform Distribution Center (UDC)
For order inquiries, contact the UDC Customer Service at 1-800-874-6841, or by E-mail.

Office of Diversity and Inclusion (CG-1D1)

Reserve Affairs


Safety and Environmental Health

Military Personnel, including

  • Housing

  • Military Policy

Work-Life programs, including:

  • Child Care

  • Employee Assistance

  • Family Support

  • Health Promotion

  • Rape/Sexual Assault

  • Ombudsman

  • Substance Abuse

Frequently Used Work-Life phone numbers:

Coast Guard Employee Assistance Program
1-800-855-CGSUPRT (247-8778)

Work-Life Program

For local information, contact your Regional Work-Life Staff located at Regional Practices.

Morale, Well-Being, and Recreation

  • MWR Activities

  • Recreational Lodging and Travel

  • Sports

About the USCGG HSWL Mobile App
Includes information on work-life programs, as well as other individual and family support programs and services such as medical services, chaplain services, housing, legal assistance, and MWR.

Contact Us Via Snail Mail at:

Commandant (CG-1)
U.S. Coast Guard
2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE
Washington, DC 20593-7907
 Employee Records
Who can I contact to get copies of deck logs or muster rolls? How do I obtain a cutter crew list? The Military Reference Branch, National Archives (, Washington, DC 20408, holds copies of most deck logs. The Suitland Reference Branch, National Archives, Washington D. C. 20409 has custody of muster rolls.
 Mariner's Licensing
How do I get a Coast Guard license? The National Maritime Center (NMC) can answer any questions you have regarding mariner licensing, including regional exam centers, licensing fees and application forms. Their website is
 Medals and Awards
I need a copy of my/my family members' awards. There are three different avenues for veterans, retirees, family members to get copies of their personal or family members' awards, depending on need. View the options on the Medals & Awards page.
 Military Records

How do I retrieve a copy of my/my family members' DD-214 or other service records?
If you are currently a member of Team Coast Guard (Active Duty or Reserve) your Servicing Personnel Office should be able to assist you.

If you have separated or retired from the Coast Guard you need go to the National Personnel Records Center website (or view the chart with location information of Coast Guard Military Personnel and Health Records). Requests to obtain copies of DD-214's, Personnel Records, Medical and Dental Records, and Service Medals, etc. must be made to the National Personnel Records Center. Requests may be made online by the veteran or next of kin of a deceased, former member of the military. If you are not the veteran or next of kin, you must complete Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to request copies of records. Send the completed form to:

National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138
FAX: 314-801-9195

If you separated from the service and plan on filing a claim for medical benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), you do not need to request a copy of your military records from the NPRC. They will provide the original health records when requested by the VA after the claim is filed.

How do I correct my DD-214?
If your military service record requires a change or correction, you will need to submit DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Records to the DHS Office of the General Counsel, Board for Correction of Military Records at

If you need to change your discharge status, you will generally need to submit DD Form 293, Application for the Review of Discharge or Dismissal from the Armed Forces of the United States to the DHS Office of the General Counsel, Board for Correction of Military Records at

How do I renew my military ID? How do I obtain ID card replacements for dependents/retirees? For information concerning your DEERS automated file, please contact your local ID card issuing office or call:

Toll Free: 1-800-538-9552
In CA: 1-800-334-4162
In AK or HI: 1-800-527-5602

To update your address only in DEERS, please visit

This web site gives the three closest Military ID issuing facilities to a person's zip code, city, or state:

Pay & Personnel Center (PPC) Topeka FAQs

How do I obtain a Reserve Points Statement? Reserve Points Statements are mailed out annually to all current SELRES members 3 months after the end of your Anniversary Year. Reserve Personnel Management (PSC-RPM)

 MWR Lodging

Access the Morale, Well-Being, and Recreation (MWR) website

Is there somewhere I can find information on all of Coast Guard lodging facilities? Yes, MWR has posted descriptions with photos and the contact to request reservations of all Coast Guard Recreational Lodging facilities on the MWR web site. MWR has also posted links to the other Services lodging pages if you do not find any Coast Guard lodging near the area you are interested in.


Chaplain of the Coast Guard - FAQs (includes child support and garnishment answers, as well as chaplain locator):

Freedom of Information Acts (FOIA) and Privacy Act, including FAQs.

How do I arrange for scattering ashes? Review the EPA Guidelines at

Who is eligible for a burial at sea?
Individuals eligible for this program are: (1) active duty members of the uniformed services; (2) retirees and veterans who were honorably discharged. (3) U.S. civilian marine personnel of the Military Sealift Command; and (4) dependent family members of active duty personnel, retirees, and veterans of the uniformed services. For further information see:

Information about the Coast Guard in your neighborhood, including band, honor guard and art programs is available at

How can I get some Coast Guard coloring books? Downloadable coloring books, with a variety of topics in English and Spanish, are located at


Who do I contact for questions related to my military pay? Our Pay & Personnel Center (PPC) in Topeka, KS oversees pay and personnel services for all Coast Guard active duty and reserve members and processes travel claims for all Coast Guard employees, including civilians and auxiliary members. Retiree and annuitant members should call with any questions to the PPC customer care line at 1-866-PPC-USCG (772-8724).

 Training and Education

How do I obtain my Military Transcripts? The Coast Guard Education and Training Quota Management Command can help you with your transcript requests:

How do I obtain a Transcripts of Sea Service? The Pay & Personnel Center (PPC) Topeka processes Transcripts of Sea Service (TOSS) for Coast Guard members who want to receive their Mariners License to serve aboard Merchant Marine Vessels.

Are there any Coast Guard scholarships? Detailed information about Coast Guard scholarships. Additional information is available at

 Transfers and Re-enlistment
How do I request an Interservice transfer? Contact the Coast Guard Personnel Service Center (PSC), Officer Personnel Management Division, Officer Boards, Promotions, and Separations Branch (CG PSC-opm-1) for details relating to an interservice transfer.
 Webmaster Assistance
For comments on technical issues of this site, please contact the Human Resources Directorate Webmaster. The webmaster will not respond to email questions. This link is intended to report technical issues, including broken or missing links. Program specific questions should be addressed directly to the program office only. Your email will not be forwarded.