The military physical examination department carries out routine/specialty physical examinations and Annual Periodic Health Assessment (PHA’s) for active duty members.
All physical examinations require an appointment.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- 0700-1130 & 1230-1530 Monday-Friday.
Exception of Wednesday afternoons
Clinic is closed for training.
To schedule your PHA or specialty exam, contact the clinic front desk at (202) 372-4100.
PHYSICAL EXAM TYPES:
- PHA – Required ANNUALLY and can be completed up to 2 months before your birth month.
- Specialty Physicals – Retirement, Separation and Overseas are offered on a first come, first served basis. Members who are actively flying take priority for Flight physicals.
- Retirement Physicals – These physicals can be lengthy and time consuming.
- It is recommended they are started 12 months prior to the members retirement date.
Part 1: Lab work and all preliminary items will be completed during first visit.
Part 2: Physician’s exam will be completed during second visit.
If a dental exam is required as part of the physical, schedule an appointment with the clinic front desk prior to your physical exam date if possible. To schedule a dental exam appointment, contact the clinic front desk at (202) 372-4100.
If you wear glasses or contact lenses and have not had an eye exam in the last 24 months, schedule an appointment with the optometrist prior to your physical exam date if possible. To schedule an eye exam appointment, contact the clinic front desk (202) 372-4100.
- Members have the option to schedule an appointment with the following MTF’s without a referral if unable to schedule through the Base NCR Clinic:
- NMC WRAMC/Bethesda: (301) 295-0070
- Navy Yard Clinic: (202) 433-3132
- Fort Belvoir: (703) 805-0282
If you are a female, a PAP may be required and should be completed prior to the physical exam. A PAP can be completed by scheduling an appointment with your Primary Care Manager; please call the clinic front desk at (202) 372-4100.
Additionally, if you are 40 years of age or above you may require a mammogram.
- Periodic Health Assessment (PHA) PHA Instructions
- If instructed to fast, do not eat or drink (except water) 12 hours prior to your appointment.
- Contact lenses may not be worn for 72 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you wear glasses bring them with you (2 pairs).
- Fill out forms supplied and forward to the physical exams department prior to scheduling your exam. Patients will not be able to schedule an appointment if the forms are not filled out completely and forwarded to the clinic staff prior to scheduled appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions About PHA's
If you have any questions about your physical contact the physical exams department at (202) 372-4100, Option #2.