Naval Engineering Support Unit Alameda was disestablished on 17 May 2013 and became the Naval Engineering Department (NED) of Base Alameda. The NED consists of central divisions on Coast Guard Island in Alameda and remote divisions at San Pedro and Yerba Buena Island. It provides hull, mechanical, electrical, and ordnance maintenance to cutters, boats, and shore infrastructure throughout the Eleventh Coast Guard District. The NED works closely with Product Lines of the Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC) to employ the Damage Controlmen, Electrician’s Mates, Electronics Technicians, Gunner’s Mates, and Machinery Technicians of the Maintenance and Weapons Division in the performance of depot-level maintenance and casualty repair onboard Pacific Area cutters and boats. This includes operating the only Centralized Cutter Boat Pooling, P-100 overhaul, and self-contained breathing apparatus maintenance facilities on the entire west coast. The NED’s Industrial Production Facility (IPF) also works closely with SFLC, the Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center, Eleventh District Waterways Management, and individual Coast Guard Units to provide a wide variety of construction, fabrication, and repair activities through the employment of Damage Controlmen, Electrician’s Mates, civilian carpenters, civilian crane operators, civilian electricians, civilian machinists, civilian mechanics, civilian painters, civilian sand blasters, and civilian welders. The IPF operates remotely at Industrial Production Detachment San Pedro and Industrial Production Detachment Yerba Buena Island.
- We shall provide world-class support and Leadership in Naval Engineering and Logistics.
- We shall provide our people with the opportunity for personal and professional growth in an environment of trust, integrity, quality, and mutual respect.
- We shall support changing Coast Guard needs through proactive and continuous improvement, innovation, and technological growth.
- We shall, in everything we do, support the men and women who carry out the missions of the United States Coast Guard.
Naval Engineering Phone Numbers
- Industrial Manager: 206-820-5572
- Maintenance & Weapons Division: 206-820-4298