Relocation Manager: (510) 437-5991   
Mission Statement . . .to assist active duty, recalled reservists, civilian members, and family members with re-location information during transfer season.    
The Transition and Relocation Manager (TRM) is a member of Base Alameda Work-Life Office and provides relocation information, referrals, websites, welcome packages, and local program information. The TRM reaches out to all members transferring into the AOR to provide helpful information prior to transfer. The TRM also has strong partnerships with DoD counterparts and other Federal, State, non-profit, or commercial entities.
Welcome Aboard Packages

Base Alameda 

Alameda (all other units)

Humboldt Bay




San Francisco

 Lake Tahoe




Housing Information:

All members in receipt of PCS orders must request a release from government housing before BAH will begin. For your release, please contact your local housing officer (contact info is in your Welcome Package above). Be aware that certain housing communities have pet restrictions!


Household Goods / Transportation Management Office: If you have questions about your household goods shipment that cannot be answered by your carrier, or if your carrier has asked you to contact your local TMO, please reach out to Mr. James Bode at (510) 437-3106 or

 Sponsor Program: Your sponsor is a member assigned from your reporting command who should contact you early in the transfer process to provide unit specific details and person-to-person support (especially during the first weeks after arrival). Your sponsor should greet you at the airport and assist you with the check-in process. If underway, your Sponsor should have arranged for someone else to help you until he/she returns to port.

 K-12 School Info


Child Care Information

Please note that many military childcare centers have a wait list based on priority. The wait for infant care is usually the longest.

Make your request for care as soon as possible.

An alternative to the military childcare system is the use of the USCG Childcare Subsidy, which is based on family income. You must find your own provider and supply the provider's license information to GSA as part of your application, along with financial documents (Earning Statement, tax return info, etc). More info can be found at the GSA's subsidy website.
To find a licensed provider, go to or - Type in your zip code, answer a few questions, and you will find the contact info for your local child care referral agency.
“Links from this page to non-Coast Guard sites are provided as a customer service and do not represent any implicit or explicit endorsement by the United States Coast Guard of any commercial or private issues or products presented there.”