The Angels of the Battlefield Award, sponsored by the Armed Services YMCA of the United States, is an annual award that recognizes one enlisted medical professional from each branch of the Armed Forces. The Coast Guard nominates one Health Service Technician (HS) or Aviation Survival Technician (AST) in paygrades E4 through E7. The nominee must have been a Coast Guard HS or AST who directly provides hands-on actions or performs a direct, life-saving intervention that results in saving a life & exemplifies professional excellence in medical care management in the line of duty within Clinical, Emergency-Search & Rescue (SAR), AMIO-IDHS environments.
Criteria for the award are as follows:
- Coast Guard HS or AST who directly provides hands-on actions or performs a direct, life-saving intervention.
- Exemplifies professional excellence in medical care management in the line of duty with Clinical, Emergency-Search & Rescue (SAR), and AMIO-IDHS environments.
- A copy of the medical run report (PII redacted) CG-5214 or SF 600 must be submitted with nomination packet.
- Command Contact Cover Sheet
- Honoree Military Background
- Honoree Questionnaire
Click here to view a sample Nomination Letter.
Application Deadline is June 26, 2020.
Any questions regarding the Annual AOTBF Awards Program shall be directed to CWO Luis Muniz (202) 475-5173.