Relocation Manager: (510) 437-5991



The Transition and Relocation Manager (TRM) is a member of Base Alameda Work-Life Office and provides relocation information, referrals, websites, welcome packages, and local program information. The TRM reaches out to all members transferring into the AOR to provide helpful information prior to transfer. The TRM also has strong partnerships with DoD counterparts and other Federal, State, non-profit, or commercial entities.  


 Welcome Aboard Packages:


Base Alameda

Alameda (non-Base units)

Humboldt Bay (Command Welcome package here)

Lake Tahoe




San Francisco

 Housing Information

All members in receipt of PCS orders must request a release from government housing before BAH will begin. For your release, please contact your local housing officer (contact info is in your Welcome Package above). Be aware that certain housing communities have pet restrictions!



Household Goods / Transportation Management Office

If you have questions about your household goods shipment that cannot be answered by your carrier, or if your carrier has asked you to contact your local TMO, please reach out to the Transportation Officer at (510) 437-3106.


Sponsor Program

Your sponsor is a member assigned from your reporting command who should contact you early in the transfer process to provide unit specific details and person-to-person support (especially during the first weeks after arrival). Your sponsor may greet you at the airport and assist you with the check-in process. If underway, your Sponsor should have arranged for someone else to help you until he/she returns to port.


***Sponsors click here.***


Child Care Information


Child Development Centers area available in certain locations. Information on CDCs can be found in your welcome package above. Be aware that the wait list can be lengthy, especially for infants due to the required teacher/child ratio. 


Child Development Homes may  also be available for your childcare needs – these are military families who have been licensed as childcare providers to care for children in their homes. Contact the Child Development Services Specialist at 510-437-3237 for more info.


USCG Childcare Subsidy

The USCG Childcare Subsidy can assist with the cost of childcare. Your subsidy is based on total family income. You must find your own provider and supply the provider's license information to GSA as part of your application, along with financial documents (Earning Statement, tax return info, etc). More info can be found at the GSA's subsidy website.

To find a licensed provider, go to Click on "Search Now" to find your local Child Care Resource and Referral agency.


“Links from this page to non-Coast Guard sites are provided as a customer service and do not represent any implicit or explicit endorsement by the United States Coast Guard of any commercial or private issues or products presented there.”