USCG Yard Baltimore
2401 Hawkins Point Road
Building 33, Room 111
Baltimore, MD 21226

Hours of Operation
Day Hours
Monday:  0900 - 1120
Tuesday:  0900 - 1120
Wednesday:   0900 - 1120
Thursday:  0900 - 1120
Friday:  Closed


Schedule an Appointment Online

Visit the ID Card Office Online to make changes to your account




Thank you for choosing the Coast Guard Yard for your DEERS/ID Card needs. The Coast Guard Yard assists all Active Duty, Reserve, Dependents, Contractor's and Civilians. Due to limited staff, the ID Card Office is operated by appointment only, walk-ins services are not accepted. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via email at: D05-DG-YARD-IDOFFICE@USCG.MIL

New! Renew Military Family USID Cards Online or by Mail!

You can find out more on the new pilot program by visiting:

Pin Resets

CAC Pin Resets are handled on a walk-in basis only during normal business hours. No appointments are needed for a CAC Pin Reset. Blocked out or locked out, you will need to unlock your CAC card. Please have a 6-8 digits PIN number (You Choose) ready when you come in.

Cancel / Reschedule Appointments

Customers will need to know their confirmation number to cancel/reschedule an appointment. Please keep a copy of your appointment confirmation page. If you are going to be more than fifteen minutes late for your appointment, you will need to reschedule.


All customers who are age 18 and older must have two (unexpired) forms of ID to get a new ID Card made. One form must be a state or government issued photo ID. This applies to all customers.

Power of Attorney

If your Military Sponsor is unable to accompany you to your visit, a valid "General" or "Special" Power of Attorney will allow you to obtain a ID Card in the sponsors absence. You may also provide a signed & verified DD Form 1172.

Lost/Stolen ID Cards

For Military E4 and below, a counseling statement is required and must be signed by an E7 or above. For Civilians and Contractors, GS8 equivalent and below must have a counseling memo.

Lost/Stolen ID Cards for Dependents

Must have at least one federal or state issued photo ID and one secondary form of ID which can be a Social Security Card, Passport, School ID or Voters Registration Card. Sponsor must be present and or a "Special" or "General" Power of Attorney.

Adding a Spouse to DEERS

When adding a spouse to DEERS, the sponsor needs to bring the following documents for their spouse:

  • Original Marriage Certificate
  • Original Birth Certificate
  • Original Social Security Card
  • Original Photo ID

Sponsor will need to make sure they have the necessary original documents to enroll their spouse. If your spouse is a foreign national, you will need to bring in the following documents:


  • Original Marriage Certificate
  • Original Valid Passport
  • Original Birth Certificate and needs to be translated into English


Dependent ID Cards

For dependent ID Cards, the sponsor must present to sign the DD Form 1172-2. If not available, the dependent must have a previously signed DD Form 1172-2 (within 90 days of signature) signed by their sponsor and the Verifying Official or Site Security Manager.

When adding a child to DEERS, the sponsor must have the following documents for the child:


  • Original Birth Certificate
  • Original Social Security Card

If a stepchild is being added, the original marriage certificate is also needed.


Full Time Student

All full-time college students must bring a letter from their school registrar's office stating they are enrolled full time in an accredited college. The letter must be original and completed on an official school letter head, signed and stating the member is enrolled as a full time student and expected graduation date.


Children Born out of Wedlock

Female Sponsors: Original Birth Certificate and Original Social Security Card.
Male Sponsors: Court order establishing paternity or a State VAP (Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity) Form, Original Birth Certificate and Original Social Security Card.


Parent Enrollment

You will need to provide a DFAS/PPC(RAS) letter of approval, Service Members Birth Certificate and a valid Photo ID. A Photo ID of the parent will need to be provided as well as the Original Social Security Card.

Secondary Dependent Parent in Law, you will need to provide a DFAS/PPC(RAS) letter of approval, Service Members Spouses Birth Certificate, Social Security Card and a valid Photo ID.

Please note that all documents must be translated into English


Enrolling Dependent Ward

You will need to provide a DFAS letter of approval, Court Document placing the child in the members household, Original Birth Certificate and Original Social Security Card. Please note that all documents must be translated into English.


Civilians Deploying Overseas or Emergency Essential

Bring two forms of original current ID that is issued by state, federal or local government. Completed DD Form 2365 properly filled out or the form may be rejected.


Contractors Deploying Overseas

Bring two forms of Original Current ID, issued by state, federal or local government, SOFA agreement, SPOT LOA and DD Form 1172-2 requesting the overseas ID Card.