Physical Exams Department
To schedule a physical exam contact our Front Desk at (508) 968-6582.
Physical Exams offered:
- Periodic Health Assessments (PHA) for USCG active duty personnel
- Overseas Transfer and Sea Duty Deployment Screenings
- Pre-Commissioning / Appointment / SELRES Deployment Screenings
- Separation / Release from Active Duty (RELAD)/ Retirement
- Biennial Aircrew/Aviator
- Aircrew/Aviation Candidate
- OMSEP/ Dive physicals
PHA and other physical exams are conducted Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for active duty and eligible CG Reserve members.
Periodic Health Assessment (PHA)
PHA's are completed annually by your birth month for all active duty and CG Reserve personnel. In order to remain within readiness standards, you must have your PHA completed by the end of your birth month.
CG Reserve personnel are mandated to utilize the Reserve Health Readiness Program (RHRP) to complete their PHA requirements. Please see ALCOAST 118/09 for more information: https://www.uscg.mil/announcements/ALCOAST/ALCOAST11809.txt
For active duty, you can schedule your PHA & Physical Exam (if required) up to 90 days before your birth date. Do not wait until your actual birth month to schedule your appointments. You may not get everything completed and risk going "Red" in your readiness standards and aviation personnel will risk receiving a "Down Chit".
Use the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) link to complete your HRA Questionnaire: https://nmcpeh-hpwebsvr.med.navy.mil/HRA/Pages/Default.aspx
Once completed, you must print and bring this form with you to your appointment. Bringing your HRA form is a mandatory requirement, if you don't bring this form with you to your appointment, your appointment will be rescheduled.
To obtain your login you must know your district, ATU, and OPFAC number.
Please follow the link and directions listed below:
https://cgportal2.uscg.mil/SitePages/Unit Site Search.aspx
- Search for your unit in the search bar provided.
- Once you have located your unit in the list please click on "View Unit Fact Sheet"
- On the right hand side of your screen you should see "ATU-OPFAC"
- Please use your district along with this number for your PHA Health Risk Appraisal Login. Do not add the hyphen (see 5 for format)
- Example: 010120114 / Reservist proceed with "R"(e.g., R012011509)
The Clinic will use the information provided in the HRA self assessments, along with conducting a medical record review in order to complete your PHA.
As a reminder, the Uniform of the Day is required for all appointments unless you are in a leave or liberty status.
NOTE: If you must cancel/reschedule your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours prior to your appointment by calling the clinic. If you are having problems logging on to the HRA/PHA Website or you have any other questions, please call the clinic at 508-968-6582.
** ATTENTION AVIATION PERSONNEL **
Flight Duty Medical Exam (FDME Long Form):
FDME is performed every two years for aviation personnel who meet the requirements. The same scheduling window for PHA's applies for the FDME. You can expect to have your PHA, Flight Physical, and all OMSEP requirements completed during this two stage appointment process.
Two stage aviation physical exam:
- Stage one: Dental exam and all preliminary testing
- Stage two: Aviation Medical Officer appointment
FDME Preliminary Testing:
- You must fast for blood work for 12 hours prior to your physical exam. Fasting means that you eat nothing at all. You may only drink water and it's highly recommended that you drink a lot of water.
- If you wear glasses and have not had an eye exam in the last 24 months you must schedule an eye exam with an outside provider. Please ensure you wear your prescription eyeglasses when you come to the stage one appointment.